How about a trip report?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#13 Boomer4x

Boomer4x
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Great report. ThNks for taking the time. More pictures of the lovelies.

#14 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:16 PM

I still work most of the time when I'm in Thailand or PH, 7 days a week.  So that means I'm tied to my computer at odd hours and can't always go out during the best times 9-2am. This continues to be a bit of annoyance for me and is one of the reasons I've decided to go with the Philippines instead of Patts next time around, well that and the easier visa setup for longer stays. Looking at spending about a year around Cebu City starting sometime next year. 

Most days I ended up heading out around 6am in the morning, sometimes there would be a few ladyboys still in bars on soi 7,8, many days no one still around, and I would end up watching the street sweepers at work, or one day in Dec or Jan there was some kind of speed bike show that started running from Walking St down beach road, that was a weird day.

Not always being able to hit the bars during the best times is also the reason I've kept up with as many ladyboys as I have. I'd say my ratio is about 70% to 30%, gg to lb. A lot of that has to do with the fact ladyboys are online everywhere and eager to come over to your place. So far I've met zero girls that way in Pattaya.  Maybe it's because ladyboys generally can speak better English and have an easier time chatting with foreigners on apps and sites?

Although I've only been in Angeles once, there was no such trouble finding girls willing to come over there. On the other forums people warn that a lot of times a girl online in PH who wants to come over to your place will end up being a ladyboy... well, sounds like fun to me :)

Last few times I've stayed in Pattays have been at View Talay 6, convenient location for soi 7&8 and coconut bar. Bit expensive though, not enough elevators for as many people who are there, and a bit of a long walk in and out of the place. Would rather stay at a place that was easier to get in and out of.

25k per month and you get a condo that's about like a slightly larger hotel room.

Good view though.

Attached File  71.jpg   128.05KB   1 downloads

• dixon cox and Spyder Rocket like this

#15 malibu515

malibu515
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Is the View Talay convenient if you don't ride a moto bike ?

#16 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Is the View Talay convenient if you don't ride a moto bike ?

I found it very convienient, hardly ever took a motor bike taxi anywhere.

Rented the apartment through Honey's coffee shop, they seem to have the most apts available.

#17 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

I think now the one thing I find most useful when looking for an apartment is if it has a washer/dryer. Besides a safe, of course.

Before I started coming over this was one thing I rarely saw talked about in any forum, and I gave no though to.  You can find several posts on different forums about if a hotel/apt has a kitchen, but not much about washer. I don't think I ever used the kitchen part of the apartment(a few of the gg I had staying over did, not a single ladyboy though), but I don't know how I would get by without an in room washer/dryer. Well, poorly, that's how, every time I've stayed in a hotel.   The only exception was the Davis hotel in bkk because they had 24hr maid service.

Maybe it's just a difference in style. Especially since I've heard a few mention they don't care what their hotel room looks like, or where they stay, since they just sleep there and are gone all day and most of the night.  If you're only doing ST upstairs in a bar and maybe just one LB overnight, or are up and out before 1pm in a hotel, or don't exercise/jog throughout the day then I could see that it might not be an issue.

However, I don't always get to hit the bars often so I rely on contacts more, the more you see a girl/lb the more jealous they become even if you try and make the situation clear, and I do.  I couldn't imagine being in a relationship with any of them because we have zero in common, whether they are Pros or not, usual the conversation is just me asking them about their family/work/boyfriends/hobbies/etc before getting around to shagging them silly. What that means is it's rare indeed that I have a gg/lb over for more than a few hours anymore, and usually a girl before, and another one after. So it's nice to be able to change the towels/sheets and have the old ones washing up to get ready for the next guest.

Sure, lot's of times I'm paying and it shouldn't matter how many girls I had over that day, but It just helps make things go smoothly, with none of those annoying jealousy questions later, if she's not smelling the previous girls perfume when she's face down breathing hard into the pillow.

• dixon cox and Spyder Rocket like this

#18 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

I've found both Pattaya and Bangkok to be rather safe, safer than places I've lived in the US anyway. 

So I enjoy walking all over both, when I get the chance, for exercise  at first I kept ending up with sore feet due to tendon problems, but since I switched to these extremely padded shoes, Joya, made out of South Korea, all the pain has vanished. Better than crocs, or anything else I tried.

Even found myself wearing one of their sandals during hot season. Still hate sandals though.

Attached File  capri-brown-3.jpg   30.36KB   2 downloads

Just thought I'd mention it after reading a debate between whether it's better to rent/buy a scooter, or just go with walking/taxi/b-bus.

#19 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:46 AM

I've found both Pattaya and Bangkok to be rather safe, safer than places I've lived in the US anyway.
So I enjoy walking all over both, when I get the chance, for exercise at first I kept ending up with sore feet due to tendon problems, but since I switched to these extremely padded shoes, Joya, made out of South Korea, all the pain has vanished. Better than crocs, or anything else I tried.

Even found myself wearing one of their sandals during hot season. Still hate sandals though.
attachicon.gifcapri-brown-3.jpg

Just thought I'd mention it after reading a debate between whether it's better to rent/buy a scooter, or just go with walking/taxi/b-bus.

Are you sure it is the shoes, or that your feet finally acclimated to the extra walking? I've noticed that each time I have moved to a city and didn't rely on a car, that my feet would be sore for the first couple of weeks.

The type of shoes can certainly play a factor, but I think it is has more to do with strengthening the tendons in ones feet. At least, that has been my experience.

I do agree that Pattaya is rather safe in regards to violent street crime when compared to big cities in the US.

As far as safety from accidents, no way! The amount of trip & fall hazards you encounter walking down certain Sois is insane. Walking down Beach Road on the side with the buildings is damn near crazy if you have been drinking.

As far as motorbikes, not for me.

Here is a little experiment: the next time you are talking to a Thai and notice a big scar on their arms or legs, ask them, "what happened?"

Their reply is almost always, "motorbike!"
  • dixon cox likes this

#20 jfrank

jfrank
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

In your favour: you started a thread in Trip Reports.

Against: you're not a native english speaker. This is one of the most incomprehensible reports i've ever read. 

Jimbo Why is this incomprehensible? btw Is it the low season in Patong? just 3 lbs in your bar last week ;)

• scottieM likes this

#21 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:41 AM

Back in bkk now, after 3 months in Angeles City. Got in at midnight on a Cebu Pacific flight and the only thing I'd note about that is to always prepay the for checked luggage with the cheap airline, and to not pay extra for the exit row or front row. The reason is those rows fill up, and you end up with less space then if you had just picked out an empty row near the back.

Hotel:

Parkway Inn right on Sukhumvit beside Landmark hotel, so far really good, about 25usd per night, perfect location, very easy to just walk in and take the elevator right up to the room without passing any front desk. There is noise is you stay in a street view room, but you can also open the drapes completely and really mess with a 'shy' ladyboy. I always heard bad things about this place but have found no problems so far. i think the negative reviews are just a comparison thing. Compared to other bkk hotels the rooms are small and old, compared to the places I was staying in Angeles City the rooms are large and like a palace.

#22 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

Sukhumvit is very quiet, in regard to providers, even at night, and during the day only 1 LB and 3 girls were standing out. Last august they lined the street at night from the corner of soi 4/5 to BTS escalator. Some ugly ones on the street are demanding 2000 now, while in nana some stunners are ok with 1000, ST in both cases.

Changed to SM Grande today and that was a big mistake, AC didnt work, the washer promised with the room was missing and it's farther away, of course I knew that, but I didn't know what a good deal Parkway Inn was. Highest recommendation possible for Parkway, except for the noise and poor wifi, everything else is perfect if all you are doing is the hobby, half the price of majestic suites and almost as close to nana.

• rxpharm, MrDragon, batman4ever and 1 other like this

#23 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

In Pattaya, prices on wechat, tinder, and TF still the best. 400-600. ST, long short times though. Stayed at Punyphan place very close to soi 7. $25 night through agoda, LB friendly, but only 1 guest at a time or 300 extra, like many hotels, switched to a daily room today, near buakow, that takes care of the 2+ fee problem. 500 per night, some rooms were less, but I took a 1 bedroom.

#24 Torques Hit

Torques Hit
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

In Pattaya, prices on wechat, tinder, and TF still the best. 400-600. ST, long short times though. Stayed at Punyphan place very close to soi 7. $25 night through agoda, LB friendly, but only 1 guest at a time or 300 extra, like many hotels, switched to a daily room today, near buakow, that takes care of the 2+ fee problem. 500 per night, some rooms were less, but I took a 1 bedroom.

Wow! Veveron you must be a very handsome man and I must be very fugly, 400 to 600 baht for short time LBs on TF in Pattaya, please do us all a favour and post the links to the LBs on TF that agreed to that ! Thanks

Worry about the things you can affect and not the things you can't affect 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci