Formerly Guess Bar

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#73 ASJ

ASJ
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

indeed, that was my point, giving a suggestion from customers.
I didn't know that her brother is behind the bar.
One night Mint was kind of duty as "acting manager". I saw a young thai guy there , but busy in playing pool, they learnt from the LB, so whilst being staff his role was unclear. We also well know how thai are sometime not easy in English understanding.
Anyhow, the hint has been given, up to them.

Yes, Mint often runs the show as I think she is like the senior staff member. As for the hint, I think you need to drop that in person to Kanjana versus posting it on a LB Forum.  It's also better if she hears things from different customers. I think she has proven to listen to her clientele as she has made a lot of changes to the bar since taking the reigns.  She has made radical changes to the drink menu where ladydrinks used to range from 150 baht to 250 baht. Now they are all 150 baht. The lighting inside was abig improvement as it used to be so dark inside.  They are also photo friendly now.  Back in the Guess Bar days their used to be a sign forbidding photos inside with some kind of fine threat to customers.  IMO it's more customer friendly than it's ever been before.

The makeover out front is also a big improvement with comfy seating and more inviting.

Front of Chaos

Attached File  out front Chaos.jpg   79.05KB   5 downloads

#74 ASJ

ASJ
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Special promotion for forum members at Chaos 9 all April

Attached File  staff photo.jpg   148.67KB   0 downloads

#75 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:21 PM

Yes, Mint often runs the show as I think she is like the senior staff member. As for the hint, I think you need to drop that in person to Kanjana versus posting it on a LB Forum.  It's also better if she hears things from different customers. I think she has proven to listen to her clientele as she has made a lot of changes to the bar since taking the reigns.  She has made radical changes to the drink menu where ladydrinks used to range from 150 baht to 250 baht. Now they are all 150 baht. The lighting inside was abig improvement as it used to be so dark inside.  They are also photo friendly now.  Back in the Guess Bar days their used to be a sign forbidding photos inside with some kind of fine threat to customers.  IMO it's more customer friendly than it's ever been before.

The makeover out front is also a big improvement with comfy seating and more inviting.

Front of Chaos

attachicon.gifout front Chaos.jpg

that is what I did earlier tonight, bumped into her when leaving and after the good wishing etc I told her better have a card etc...
The inside bar was in the control of Mint and only later I realised that the person laying on a sofa outside was Kanjan... Lol. And spoke to her.
It is a fact, LB bars need the eye of the management at all times... Just as they do in paradise.
Otherwise the girls will indulge into tapping on their smartphone even if you paid them a LD. And i paid 3 LD to 3 different girls, with poor attention... And the customer is left there to his own thoughts.

#76 ASJ

ASJ
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

that is what I did earlier tonight, bumped into her when leaving and after the good wishing etc I told her better have a card etc...
The inside bar was in the control of Mint and only later I realised that the person laying on a sofa outside was Kanjan... Lol. And spoke to her.
It is a fact, LB bars need the eye of the management at all times... Just as they do in paradise.
Otherwise the girls will indulge into tapping on their smartphone even if you paid them a LD. And i paid 3 LD to 3 different girls, with poor attention... And the customer is left there to his own thoughts.

Kanjana is pretty laid back. She sometimes works another job during the day, so often she relaxes out front if there isn't much of a crowd. I walked right past her one night and asked where she was inside. They told me she was out front. 

Mint is probably the most bar fined staff and works days too. She is the closest thing to a manager the bar has when she isn't bar fined out.  I think Mint is quite capable of running the show when Kanjana is gone as she used to assume that position a lot when Noon owned the bar under the Guess name.  She was an absentee owner towards the end from what I saw.   As for the girls focusing on their phones instead of customers, that's another thing Kanjana is going to learn to enforce some expectations of the staff. It would be worth talking to her about it Scottie, she would appreciate a customers perspective.  I've seen Chompoo come in at 11 P.M. and spend about an hour on the phone before coming over to me and asking for a drink. I didn't give her a drink but I teased he about coming late and not ready to work. 

Kanjana flanked by Chompoo (L) and Sara ®

Attached File  IMG_8287.JPG   121KB   7 downloads

Attached File  IMG_8289.JPG   100.43KB   4 downloads

#77 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:20 AM

Kanjana is pretty laid back. She sometimes works another job during the day, so often she relaxes out front if there isn't much of a crowd. I walked right past her one night and asked where she was inside. They told me she was out front. 

Mint is probably the most bar fined staff and works days too. She is the closest thing to a manager the bar has when she isn't bar fined out.  I think Mint is quite capable of running the show when Kanjana is gone as she used to assume that position a lot when Noon owned the bar under the Guess name.  She was an absentee owner towards the end from what I saw.   As for the girls focusing on their phones instead of customers, that's another thing Kanjana is going to learn to enforce some expectations of the staff. It would be worth talking to her about it Scottie, she would appreciate a customers perspective.  I've seen Chompoo come in at 11 P.M. and spend about an hour on the phone before coming over to me and asking for a drink. I didn't give her a drink but I teased he about coming late and not ready to work. 

Kanjana flanked by Chompoo (L) and Sara ®

attachicon.gifIMG_8287.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_8289.JPG

i'm guessing from the photos that customers and staff can smoke inside the bar ???

#78 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

i'm guessing from the photos that customers and staff can smoke inside the bar ???

yes, I have seen them smoking. They do also in other bars...

#79 Platapuss

Platapuss
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

yes, I have seen them smoking. They do also in other bars...

Ah ok thanks ,,,, when i was at darkside and paradise the gurls were only smoking outside although at darkside i think customers can smoke inside . Check in bar had an outside area with its own pool table for the smokers . Temptation and casanova were no smoking inside but charades allowed smoking .

#80 ASJ

ASJ
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Some of the newbies

Mos

Attached File  20150317_001529.jpg   88.41KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20150317_221126.jpg   179.21KB   0 downloads

Jenny

Attached File  20150317_001839.jpg   115.79KB   0 downloads

Barbara

Attached File  20150317_221535.jpg   97.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  chasbarb.jpg   351.19KB   0 downloads

Cherry

Attached File  cherry.jpg   59.28KB   0 downloads

Attached File  cherrychaos.jpg   19.87KB   0 downloads

Piece

Attached File  no name choas.jpg   60.66KB   0 downloads

and Pare who started last night

Attached File  pare.jpg   68.79KB   0 downloads

Photos courtesy facebook

• dani vice likes this

#81 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

Ah ok thanks ,,,, when i was at darkside and paradise the gurls were only smoking outside although at darkside i think customers can smoke inside . Check in bar had an outside area with its own pool table for the smokers . Temptation and casanova were no smoking inside but charades allowed smoking .

Seen what happens in the bars I think that the smoking ban is taken with not much enforcement.
True that Al Capone was jailed for tax reasons and not by his murders....:)

#82 ASJ

ASJ
  • Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

Some shots that Kanjana sent through

Attached File  20150317_222709.jpg   90.5KB   0 downloads

Luktan

Attached File  20150317_223109.jpg   108.2KB   0 downloads

Chompoo

Attached File  ch2.jpg   50.43KB   0 downloads

Sarah back from Lao