Smoker Friendly?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

PokerinTheRear, for your stay in Bangkok it will be easy to find a reasonably priced hotel on Sukumvit Road - anything up to Soi 15 is easily walkable and on the even side up to Soi 12. A number of small hotels have recently renovated their rooms, which makes them a better value and place to stay than before.

As for the others - August Suites is a good choice and many have given it a good rating in the past. Is there any particular reason why you've booked 3 different hotels for your stay in Pattaya? Is that just for checking them out?

The usual strategy is to stay in one hotel (if you find you like it) for the duration of your visit, no need to spend time moving from one hotel to the next. In the end if you like all the hotels during your stay it will have been the right strategy.

Hope you have a fantastic time!

:cnd:

#14 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Yes,  I am a man who likes variety.   Maybe one reason why I have never been married.    Enjoy shopping around and comparing things.   I also didn't mind my itinerary for my flight back to the states......have to spend 13 hours in Honolulu......dammit man. 

This is my first trip to Pats and want to get a feel for which part of town I would prefer for my second trip.   Learned I can purchase the same flight in advance for second half of January for half the price I have paid this time.   ---- ya know , incase I like it a whole bunch , have a good time and wanna  repeat.

Thanks to Agoda and their flash deals, made shopping around kinda fun.   Scored the 3 nights at Privi  for $55 tax incl. ( 1800 bht. )   Action will be at my doorsteps there wont it ?   All the other hotels I mentioned were  on some kind of reduced rate.     

-----everyone likes a bargain------ 

#15 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

Good move on the changes I recently got to compare a few of these last month and I'd say SeeMeSpringToo and August are better than Sunshine and Page 10.

• PokerInTheRear likes this

#16 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

Excellent to hear Veveron,  that makes me feel pretty good.  I was an early fan of Page10 way back when I got turned on to Agota.  Love the photo of the huge ass shower.  The photos of the rooftop pool at SeaMeToo made me drool also.  Sunrise would have been a much more appealing price at a larger resort vibe + location location .   August came into play when I discovered the room size for the Exec. suite.--supersized.  Good price per sq.ft. .  And I figured I will Probably utilize the sofa in the suite often during the last 3 days of my trip,,,in more ways than one.

thx again

#17 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Oh Crap !

Purchased reasonable airfare,  booked great rooms,  anxiously awaiting my first trip to Thailand,,,,,, and I now discover there is a holiday smack in the middle of my trip.  Asalha Puja Day.   What does this mean to a horny tourist ?   Am I gonna be at a disadvantage for my partying schedule ?   Are there special cultural events a non-hindu would appreciate attending ?

#18 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

No matter IF bars are closed , there will be PLENTY of freelancers around the normal spots... :) iam not even sure all Places will close....often in Patts there are some bars that stays open ;)

• PokerInTheRear likes this

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#19 worldtourist67

worldtourist67
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Is the Queens Birthday on 12 August also a holiday? Will c&d be closed?

#20 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

DOUBLE CRAP ------

If a Thai holiday isn't enough.... now I have a super typhoon headed towards Tokyo    }}}}}}}}}}} MY LAYOVER BEFORE THAILAND -----Tuesday/Wendsday

CRAP--CRAP

#21 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Is the Queens Birthday on 12 August also a holiday? Will c&d be closed?

Yes, it is a holiday, and most bars will be closed. Jim will confirm if C&D will be closed. Many bars will still be "open", that is no music, some dim lights, and serving drinks in paper cups, so it won't be a total shut down.

:cnd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci