• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Looking to book my first trip to BKK and Pattaya. It appears I need to find rooms with a balcolny to smoke.  Is this true and where do you recommend that is Also guest friendly ?

Also... that being asked.... Is there a difference between 'guest' friendly and  'lb'  friendly and what is involved ?

Also... did I read something correct in that the girls need to be 21 yrs old ? 

#2 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

try take a look in our accomodation-section :) you will find lots and lots of guest-friendly hotels.....and by that...also ladyboy-friendly 8)

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#3 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

thanks batman, but do smoking rooms exist ?  All I see mentioned is "smoke-free rooms"  and  "smoking areas" .

And does 'friendly' mean = free ???

#4 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

iam a smoker myself, and i never experienced any problems...when i book i just tell them i want a smoker-room, and they always seems to find one for me :)

if they denied it...i would just tell them that i wont stay at their place, thats why its important if you book by Agency to specify this point ;)

regarding friendly/free...most Places you are allowed 1 guest for free...if you bring back two you often have to pay some extra

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#5 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Balconies are a rarity in Bangkok, but common in Pattaya.

I'm a smoker too, but find smoking rooms tend to be smelly. I'm about to book Phachara Suites in Bangkok, soi 6, that have balconies. 

In Pattaya its much easier: e.g. LK hotels, Areca Lodge etc

• JOKER187 likes this

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

And does 'friendly' mean = free ???

No.

If they are "guest-friendly" it means they allow guests. Not all hotels allow prostitutes to visit although that usually only applies to high-end or family orientated places.

A hotel being guest-friendly does not automatically include ladyboys. If in doubt confirm that they allow ladyboys to visit before booking or making a commitment.

Many hotels around Thailand which often get a mention on the forum are your best bet because they're tried and tested where bringing back a ladyboy guest is not an issue. Although some you will be required to pay a joiner's-fee for each guest, but the majority include one guest free and a fee for subsequent guests.

Went a bit off topic there, my fault for not reading properly. I've never had an issue getting a smoking room but like the others say, be sure they understand that's what you want or there's a balcony.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

What many hotels have done is make a non-smoking room or a floor and the rest of the rooms are still ok to smoke in. When booking make sure you want a smoking room, and you won't have to worry about a balcony.

Around 5 years or so ago, non-smoking laws were passed to prohibit smoking in bars and restaurant. Enforcement of this was strict at the beginning, but appears to be a bit more lax now. Open air bars seem to allow smoking, while many enclosed bars have some chairs/tables outside for smokers.

:cnd:

#8 veveron

veveron
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Some hotels are known to be lb friendly, but is there really a guest friendly hotel that won't allow a lb guest? Can only think of one such place in Pattaya. It was one of the player hotels on or near walking street.

Could be off about that though, I do remember Nok mentioning some hotels wouldn't let her in.

I think the bigger worry is which hotel is going to charge you extra for a guest.

Lots of balconies in Pattaya.

In bkk I've received plenty of rooms that were supposedly smoke free, but had obviously been smoked in. Mariott and Majestic Grande for example. Last time in bkk I was at the Davis hotel with a russian who couldn't go 30mins without smoking, even worse since their windows are sealed, but only smoked in the bathroom and fortunately didn't get charged extra.

Executive 39 (I think the name was) had large room/balconies soi 39 but it's close to Darkside.

Phachara does have nice balconies, on the rooms with balconies, well most of them anyway, the deluxe suites balcony is nothing but an outdoor air conditioner stand. To make it more confusing some room types come with or without a balcony so you have to request it and hope they're not full.

#9 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thank you gentlemen, I am Much more clearer now reguarding  'friendly'  and smokings rooms.   You guys are good. I appreciate it.

You may not know, but there are a few states here in the US that are completely smoke free in every motel/hotel  throughout the state.  Am relieved to hear Thailand is not like that  . Thx

#10 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thailand is one of the most politically incorrect places left on the planet, Pokerman. Its very refreshing after living in the strict confines of our western nanny states.

• MrDragon and nissepisse557 like this

#11 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

Some hotels are known to be lb friendly, but is there really a guest friendly hotel that won't allow a lb guest?

The Eastiny hotels <there are several on Soi 7 & 8> in Pattaya don't allow LBs or at least they didn't when last I heard. 

I made the mistake of staying at Rico's Hotel in Patong Beach just off Bangla Road several years ago and they didn't allow LBs. I had to change hotels.

So unfortunately every once in a while, even though rare, it's possible to run into a problem. 

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#12 PokerInTheRear

PokerInTheRear
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

My Trip is All Booked   !!!     Leave in a couple of weeks.   Cant wait.  

*** GRADE ME ***    Spent many-many hours of research and shopping around, plus daydreamin piecing together this package.....whattya think .... :

* first two nights in Bangkok probably just wing it and snag a room near Nana Plaza

* 3 nights in SEE ME SPRING TOO  ( Me Delux )

* 3 nights in  Privi Hotel 

* 3 1/2 nights at August Suites  ( Exec. suite )

There was a last second change from Sunshine Residence to August.  .... and  SeeMeToo instead of Page10.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci