first trip to bangkok feb 2014

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#13 jonnieb

jonnieb
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just bang and forget...plenty of ST hotels in Nana.

#14 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

@ Chelseaman

10 days will fly by in Thailand and it kinda of depends which city you are spending your time in also. I spent 60 days there last summer broken up by a side trip to Japan and still felt like it flew by quickly.

I had big plans for LB mongering but I kept getting distracted by all the free pussy that is around for the taking. Not kidding, if you venture out past the P4P scene, Thailand takes on a whole new perspective, but with 10 days to spend you don't have much time to deal with.

As others have said, probably best not to gamble with committing your time with a potential bad apple in the very first day. I'd say be wary of committing too much time with anyone you might have met online also.

Then again, life is a gamble, just be safe and have fun. I know how it feels to be free of a bad marriage and Thailand is a good place to shake free of a few years spent with the wrong person; however, Thailand has pitfalls of its' own.

Judging from the tone of your post, I might suggest Phuket as a good place to unwind for 10 days. Decent LB talent on hand if you get out of Patong it is easy enough to escape the bar scene.

EDIT: I just read your post again and you said you are doing 10 days in BKK. I'd say pick a nice hotel not so close but not too far from the action. Actually, your choice of hotel will have a lot to do with the vibe of your vacation as much as any LB companion.

BKK has plenty of both, nice hotels and LBs. Good luck and have fun!
  • dixon cox likes this

#15 chelseaman

chelseaman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

thanks spyder.....i know what you mean.....10 days i suspect is never going to be enough but its all i can afford right now 

as always i will keep you posted of my ventures

#16 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

thanks spyder.....i know what you mean.....10 days i suspect is never going to be enough but its all i can afford right now 

as always i will keep you posted of my ventures

You can have a lot of fun in 10 days!

The GFE thing is certainly doable but there are a lot of variables in that equation that you don't have control over.

Also, pretend girlfriends, just like real girlfriends can turn into a major pain in the ass in a split second.

The fact that you mentioned wanting to be a pretend couple with a LB has me a little worried about how you'll react to a place like Nana Plaza. The place is a sleazy flesh pot to the 10th power, not that there is anything wrong with that; however, it is best to walk in there and embrace the sleaze if you are going to partake of the treats for sale in that place.

That said, it is possible to snag one of the beauties to be your tour guide/fuck toy, just don't show all your cards at once.

At the risk of sounding preachy, don't fall for the illusion if you do manage to make the GFE scenario work. It isn't real. ;)

Looking forward to hearing about your adventure.

#17 chelseaman

chelseaman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

spyder

i know what you mean and are probs right

not sure if iam going in feb due to political unrest might think about re booking later in year when i see if things have calmed down

it could get ugly in the build up to the election on 2 feb

but either way i will post a report of my adventures

russ

#18 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

12 days in Bangkok, chelsea? First mistake in my view, but hey its up to you.

I find they're a pretty commercial lot in Bangers and, personally, would advise you decamp to Pattaya after a couple of days.

Setting your sights on finding Miss Right to accompany you for your whole time is fraught with danger. Put yourself about a bit and you might find one with an intellect bigger than a twig, who might, just might prove to be a worthy companion.

But don't bank on it.

You'll get more (non sexual) fun out of mixing with like-minded blokes that you'll find in the bars of an evening. Then maybe you can do the cinema trips, shopping (God help you) and outings as a group rather than just a single indolent dolt with $ signs constantly in her eyes.

• azza33 and jaybee111 like this

#19 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

not sure whether to cancel and re book for later in year when i can see how things have settled

My advice is... Do not cancel your trip.

It would be a real shame as February is a nice time to come, the weather is pleasant and the place is not too crowded as it's on the tail-end of high-season. The problems (if any at the time) will be isolated and fairly obvious, so just avoid them. Down here in Pattaya I wouldn't even know anything is happening if I'd never read the news or saw comments on fora made about it.

As has been suggested, if you're concerned, would be to focus on Pattaya as it's only two hours by bus from Suvarnabhumi Airport and it's the sleaze capital of the world, then perhaps spend a night or two at the end in Bangkok, near Nana Plaza (Sukhumvit Soi 4). But you could make that decision while you're in Pattaya.

Transport from Airport to Pattaya: -
Bell Travel Service operate comfortable and modern buses that run from Suvarnabhumi Airport and will take you into Pattaya bus station. They have a desk at the airport located on Level 1, Gate 8. The cost is B230 (£4.50) and providing you buy a 'Hotel" ticket you will swap into a smaller minibus at the bus station to be dropped off at your hotel. Be sure you know the name of your hotel. The other ticket option is just a bus to Pattaya and beyond, a few Baht cheaper but no hotel drop-off, they alternate by the hour. Hotel bus is always the best option so you're not dealing with other rides at the other end and they will know where your hotel is, providing it's listed on their website.

If you know what time you arrive then you can book a ticket online or just turn-up at their desk, first come first served.

Alternatively you could take a taxi from the airport from between B1,200 to B1,500 depending on your negotiation skills - See Here - Advantage of that is there's no waiting if you've just missed a bus, but also the potential problem that the driver does not know where your hotel is located.

Across the many, many trips I've taken to Thailand from the UK over the years I have never cancelled because of adverse weather, unrest or anything else. It is not uncommon to hear these sort of reports from Thailand. The clips above are genuine, but you've got to be in it to have an issue. See a crowd gathering or approaching, then keep your distance and move away, if necessary.

I'll be back to Pattaya from the middle of Feb'14 onwards, so if you're there around then drop me a PM and we can have a chat over a beer.

• jaybee111 likes this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#20 azza33

azza33
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

sound advice Jimbo.

Cant imagine the feeding frenzy those BKK girls are gonna have with a newbie stationed for 12 days... There will be nothing left :)

#21 chelseaman

chelseaman
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:35 AM

lol ...thanks for the great advice guys but i will stick to bkk as booked a non refundable room at le fenix

do i need any jabs from my doctor ...mosquito etc ?

is it right that i will have to carry my passport on me at all times, seems a bit of a pain when out drinking and having fun in the evening, possibly in just shorts and t shirt....liable to lose it 

#22 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:57 AM

do i need any jabs from my doctor ...mosquito etc ?

is it right that i will have to carry my passport on me at all times, seems a bit of a pain when out drinking and having fun in the evening, possibly in just shorts and t shirt....liable to lose it

Malaria (Mosquito) isn't a concern in BKK but I would make sure your Hepatitis and Tetanus vaccinations are current. Just go to your clinic and tell them you are traveling to Thailand and they should be able to check your vaccination record against what is advised for Thailand.

I never carry my passport when out and about, it stays locked in my hotel room safe. Ask the reception desk at your hotel to make a photocopy of the ID page and the entry stamp and carry the photo copies.

Technically, it is against the letter of the law, but I've never heard of anyone getting jacked up by the police for having photocopies instead of the actual passport.

Chances are that if the police are pissed off at you enough to make an issue over this, then you have probably done something else and have bigger problems.
  • jaybee111 likes this

#23 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

I concur with Spyder regarding jabs.

Re: Passport

I have never carried my passport or a copy of it around with me in Thailand, besides when I want a visa, a renewal, an extension or I'm travelling and I'll need it. Day to day it always stays locked away. In case it ever gets lost or stolen I have scanned the main pages and emailed them to myself so they are permanently available should the need arise. I've never as yet needed to employ that emergency tactic over the many years of collective months spent in Thailand.

I wish I had a mosquito swatter, I've looked but not been able to find one so far in Thailand. I stand in a corner of a room, usually bathroom, and breath heavily then get ready to clap. I've never taken anti-malarial meds.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#24 FRONT242

FRONT242
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Feb is a great time to go, its still coolish. As the others have mentioned, lock your passport and your valuables in the hotel room safe. Not saying everyone is a thief but some might find it hard to resist temptation. A photocopy of your passport is all you need when you're out and about, the times I have been stopped it sufficed.

Wish I was there or heading there, its -32c where I am now. Unfortunately the most realistic time for my next trip to LOS will probably be 2015 :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci