Bar Fine Pattaya Phuket Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#13 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

I cant do barfines it makes me loose face in front of myself, but jimbo's a cool dude, id probally just have my water/beer/coconut and through him song roy tip.

#14 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

King 2 Bar on Soi 8 has a 300 baht barfine. However, if you use the short time room there, it's additional 300 baht, as I found out to my surprise last night.

#15 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

King 2 Bar on Soi 8 has a 300 baht barfine. However, if you use the short time room there, it's additional 300 baht

It is a shame when a bar uses this tactic, it's not good and it's not very smart either. Typical Thailand mentality of money-grabbing without thinking first. It just doesn't make sense to any normal person.

They're almost encouraging customers to take the girls away which means they'd be away from the bar for longer and therefor unavailable to encourage or tempt customers in for further drinks, barfines, merriment and various other forms of customer cajoling. Few people order a drink in an empty bar. 

I like Kings 2 Bar very much so it is a shame. I realise they need to help pay for their newly refurbished ST rooms but customers should be encouraged, not discouraged, to have a quickie and return the girl to the bar as soon as poss.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#16 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

It is a shame when a bar uses this tactic, it's not good and it's not very smart either. Typical Thailand mentality of money-grabbing without thinking first. It just doesn't make sense to any normal person.

They're almost encouraging customers to take the girls away which means they'd be away from the bar for longer and therefor unavailable to encourage or tempt customers in for further drinks, barfines, merriment and various other forms of customer cajoling. Few people order a drink in an empty bar. 

I like Kings 2 Bar very much so it is a shame. I realise they need to help pay for their newly refurbished ST rooms but customers should be encouraged, not discouraged, to have a quickie and return the girl to the bar as soon as poss.

Maybe they need to understand a) what others are doing & b ) how to differentiate between ST barfine and LT barfine.  The bar has a lot going for it - this kind of thing could cause a few issues and needs to be resolved.   Although, saying that, the room I have seen was spotless, as in like a real hotel and certainly not to be confused with a floorboard with a matress and last months bed linen.  

#17 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

300 is on the low side for a barfine, and another 300 to provide a clean ST room, what's wrong with that?

I certainly wouldn't want to clean up after some of you animals for anything less. I honestly don't know what some of you blokes are thinking :giveup:

#18 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

King 2 Bar on Soi 8 has a 300 baht barfine. However, if you use the short time room there, it's additional 300 baht, as I found out to my surprise last night.

I ended up using the toilet which got round the extra ST room fee. It was a Misty-fying experience :blush:

• MrDragon likes this

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#19 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Nana LB bars are all 600b - they have not changed in years.       Not sure where the 'Inconsistency' perception arose from.   Only exceptions is Patpong which is still 500b and The new alco cart at Soi 5 which is 300b.    

Edit - I may have just realised the inconsistency.  On certain dates, it is very common for bars to increase barfines in order to ensure a high turnout of the hostesses.    i.e. New Years Eve and other certain holidays.

It cost me 800baht  the last time I barfined someone (Moo) from the Guess Bar because she was a service girl

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#20 goodenough

goodenough
  • Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I think I have to disagree. Of course they nedd to have their extra expenses for the ST room covered. And 300 bath seems very fair. And after all, its a very modest sum. 

• jimbo34 and jaybee111 like this

#21 fredos99

fredos99
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

I dont think its unreasonable to pay for a additional room you use, especially outside soi6 and if its fresh (many bars dont have a room and the barfine is still 300) but sure when the norm is that it is often included it creates a problem of expectation. If the room is fresh & new then it is more about educating the customers so expectations are alligned. If they prefer a solky matrass on the floor they can go and find that and pay what ever they find reasonable for that. And you cant please them all, especially not the ones on a strict budget...

#22 Woof1

Woof1
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Thanks for all the answers and comments guys.

I've got no problems with paying for ST rooms, however, let it not be "Included" in the Bar fine.

AS for Barfine themselves 5 to 600 is also OK, Getting an update as it's been close to 2 years now

Cheers

So many LB So Little Time

#23 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

bargirls are supposed to pay there own barfine and if they don't I guess it just means I don't have to see them for a while, my advice is learn to take that 11'45 nap and wake up at 2am when they bars close. this messages has been thai approved-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bar Fine, Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci