• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have one PayPal account in the US linked to a US bank account and one in Thailand linked to a Thai bank account. You get a pretty bad exchange rate and they charge a fee. I tried it once and decided it wasn't cost effective as I had a better alternative. YMMV and all that.

If I recall a past thread I think there is a way to transfer from the UK for about half the price mentioned above. It was maybe in a bank account thread here. But I didn't pay a great deal of attention as it was about the UK.

I found the thread but it doesn't say what bank was used.

http://lb-69.com/for...k_Accounts.html

Just noticed you have a Bangkok Bank account. You can transfer funds from their London Branch I think. Info is also in the thread above.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#14 nicanor.6981

nicanor.6981
  • Validating
  • 82 posts
  • LocationSantos, São Paulo, Brasil

Posted 10 April 2022 - 08:03 AM

Hi there.

I did a couple of sendings via Paypal to 2 of dear LB that i had with me in Thailand in the past & was super easy; i'm not sure about the fees but, making a exchange via internet to check & what they really got, wasn't a big deal (something like - ฿ 50,00 THB

Take care guys!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   72.24KB   0 downloads

#15 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 10 April 2022 - 10:15 PM

This post is 10 years old. The market for sending money across borders is a bet better now, with a few good options.

I use https://wise.com/(formerly transferwise) for sending money from Europe to Thailand. The exchange rate is good and fees are low if you are sending moderate amounts. You also know exactly what the receiver will get, are kept updated, and usualy goes through in mins.

• nicanor.6981 likes this

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#16 nicanor.6981

nicanor.6981
  • Validating
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:48 PM

Do PayPal make charges for this type of transaction.

I ask because a bank to bank transfer I organised two months ago HSBC (UK) to my Bangkok Bank account incurred charges both ends totalling the thick end of £35.00.
Not a fortune I know, although it is a long time session with a dirty skank :D

PayPal seems to be the best choice.

#17 nicanor.6981

nicanor.6981
  • Validating
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 11:33 PM

Hi there.

Does any one confirm that (PayPal blocked in Thailand)?

Tks!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   26.5KB   0 downloads

#18 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:32 PM

It isn't blocked, but since March this year they banned Thai owned personal accounts.

I think Thai personal accounts can still withdraw exisiting funds, but they can no longer send or recieve money. It's only possible to have a Thai PayPal if you have a registered business in the country. 

You can still see and access the PayPal site, and if you have a non-Thai PayPal you can do everything as normal while in the country, but you won't be able to link any Thai banks or Thai cards to your account.

Thailand seem to be tightening up on the tech finance and crypto sectors to stop money laundering and tax evasion (and restructure it so they get a slice of the pie).

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci