Hua Hin

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#13 Moo Yung

Moo Yung
  • Administrators
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

I was in Hua Hin just over a week ago and didn't see any.biker gangs, I'm not sure it's an issue there now.

Nana and the surrounding sois tends to get a few bikers these days, although I've never seen them as a problem. They are generally well behaved and just out to have a good time like everyone else. I'm under the impression that they have clubbed together nad started investing/owning certain Nana bars now.

Find us on facebook: LADYBOYFORUM

#14 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

They do have biker rallies around Thailand.

Briefly on the subject of bikers. There's a bar several of them congregate at along southern Buakhao with their big (useless) Harley-type bikes. I was a biker back in the UK and anyone into bikes will probably agree that the low-rider style is purely aesthetic (if you like that sort of thing), otherwise they handle and go round corners like shit.

It seems like a bunch of middle-aged dudes having some sort of mid-life crisis as they relish their rebellious look while making the girls squeal as they rev some lardy low-rider engine. Thais seem easily impressed by revved engines and loud music from vehicles, much like most of us did when we were teenagers before we grew up and realised what a cunt we looked at the time. There's no place like Thailand where you can so easily impress the impressionable.

Back to Hua Hin. My last visit there was 15 years ago so anything I could offer is horrendously out of date and patchy. But going somewhere off the beaten fleshpot track can be very relaxing and enjoyable, a nice change of pace.

My personal destination of choice for that is Cambodia, as most of my Thai time is spent playing Mr.Charlie in Pattaya. When I first arrived I believed they thought my name was Chip.

• jimbo34 and mikel1 like this

Meum cerebrum nocet

#15 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I don't recall seeing a lot of bikers on my three trips. But I'll tell you tomorrow or a bit after. Maybe you were there at the same time as a rally? They do have biker rallies around Thailand.

I got the impression these guys were Aussie expats, but I can't say for certain if they are a permanent fixture. If they had been Yanks, the design of the patches on their vests would indicate they were a criminal organization. Not really sure if that sort of thing translates to expat clubs in Thailand.

Yes, please do let us know how your Hua Hin trip goes; if you have time to give accommodation recommendations/reviews in addition to intel on the bar scene, it would be appreciated.

I was in Hua Hin just over a week ago and didn't see any.biker gangs, I'm not sure it's an issue there now.

Nana and the surrounding sois tends to get a few bikers these days, although I've never seen them as a problem. They are generally well behaved and just out to have a good time like everyone else. I'm under the impression that they have clubbed together nad started investing/owning certain Nana bars now.

Nana Plaza is the one place that I have seen what is a well known criminal biker gang presence on every visit. I get the impression that particular MC club owns partial interest in some of the bars.

I would imagine that they either have to tone down their behavior to exist in Thailand or be in possession of some type of stay of of jail card.

I've never seen them starting trouble, as it would be counter productive to their business interests, but I make it a point to move to another bar anytime I see that element as a patron in a bar.

Briefly on the subject of bikers. There's a bar several of them congregate at along southern Buakhao with their big (useless) Harley-type bikes. I was a biker back in the UK and anyone into bikes will probably agree that the low-rider style is purely aesthetic (if you like that sort of thing), otherwise they handle and go round corners like shit.

It seems like a bunch of middle-aged dudes having some sort of mid-life crisis as they relish their rebellious look while making the girls squeal as they rev some lardy low-rider engine. Thais seem easily impressed by revved engines and loud music from vehicles, much like most of us did when we were teenagers before we grew up and realised what a cunt we looked at the time. There's no place like Thailand where you can so easily impress the impressionable.

Back to Hua Hin. My last visit there was 15 years ago so anything I could offer is horrendously out of date and patchy. But going somewhere off the beaten fleshpot track can be very relaxing and enjoyable, a nice change of pace.

My personal destination of choice for that is Cambodia, as most of my Thai time is spent playing Mr.Charlie in Pattaya. When I first arrived I believed they thought my name was Chip.

Your analysis probably accurately describes the majority of tough guys who festoon themselves in ink and leather and then go zooming around on noisy bikes. Most aren't tied to criminal organizations. It all made perfect sense until you got to the part about Mr. Charlie having "crisps & chips" in Pattaya.

You damn Brits, sure talk funny sometimes. ;)

#16 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

There are a few bikers in HH but by no means a lot. I saw a group of six roll in on their Harley's last night.

As previously mentioned Caddyshack LB Bar is open again. There are perhaps six working at the bar. But last night at times only two or three in the bar. I took one from there last night. I haven't seen too many LBs scattered in the GG bars so far but only been here for one night. I need to take a closer look.    

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#17 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

As previously mentioned Caddyshack LB Bar is open again. There are perhaps six working at the bar. But last night at times only two or three in the bar. I took one from there last night. I haven't seen too many LBs scattered in the GG bars so far but only been here for one night. I need to take a closer look.    

Thanks Xy, I hope you can give some more intel and places of interest down in Hua Hin during your current sojourn to those parts. I'd like to go again sometime as it's been so long and despite liking things quiet away from Pattaya we all still have an occasional itch and need to know where to find a nice LB back-scratcher.

Being such a seasoned campaigner I wonder if you still have a camera anymore, do you?

.. If so, please take it for a walk   :xmas:

Meum cerebrum nocet

#18 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Well unfortunately I must report it's getting somewhat difficult to have much of a LB choice in HH. Maybe it just a transition time but there are almost no LBs sprinkled through the GG bars. There are only two LBs at Suky's now, Toei <spell? and one other. I walked down Soi Bintabaht twice very slowly and saw no LBs mixed in with the GGs at all on that street. Caddyshack LB Bar is open but doesn't have a big selection but is worth a look. I saw none in the Hilton disco last night but I could have missed one or two in the darkness. HH has never been a LB paradise but it's currently slim pickings. I suppose it will change before too long.

The political situation in Thailand has likely taken a bit of a toll on HH tourism. At peak dinner times I've always seen the restaurants filled during my three previous trips. In the three nights I've been here they are mostly not crowded. I use to avoid trying to eat at peak hours but it just doesn't matter this trip.

I took a massage girl (LB) last night after she got off work at midnight.  

Attached Files

• Attached File  Nook.jpg   55.12KB   3 downloads

• Spyder Rocket likes this
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#19 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

I took a massage girl (LB) last night after she got off work at midnight.  

Ooh, I like her and her sturdy chassis  :D

Thanks for the HH info, it does sound like slim pickings but as you said, things can change in no time. And like anywhere in Thailand there are ladyboys around if you're prepared to put in some legwork, as the lovely young lady photographed above proves.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#20 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

More on the motorcycle stuff. It seems there was a rally last weekend:

http://www.huahinfor...php?f=4&t=25319

#21 Spyder Rocket

Spyder Rocket
  • Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

There is nothing wrong with the massage girl...

Uh, why were we talking about bikes? I can't seem to remember.

#22 scottieM

scottieM
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

again? They already had Crossed Piston in the car park between soi 2 and 4, aside Annie's and rajah hotel.
Never saw customers there, the bar being also huge so even 20 customers at same time might not be noticed.
Last time I was around in October the place was closed as "dismissed".
Some people speculate those bars are mainly for money laundry.

#23 sharkdog

sharkdog
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hua Hin is good for relaxing, sea food, chilling out and golf.  Otherwise ....  OK to visit for a few days, but I would think it difficult to live there for an expat, especially if you are single.  I think good looking LBs are likely few and far between.

#24 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Hua Hin is good for relaxing, sea food, chilling out and golf.  Otherwise ....  OK to visit for a few days, but I would think it difficult to live there for an expat, especially if you are single.  I think good looking LBs are likely few and far between.

I think it would be pretty easy to live in HH if single if one was into GGs. LBs would be another matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci