posting pics

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sam malone

sam malone
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

I want to give a trip report but my files for the pics are too big. How do i resize and post the pics?

#2 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for that Sam! :D

I use a Mac so for me it's open the folder where the pics are, select edit, select all, select export or re-size, select size option (around the 140kb range, select the folder or desktop to send them to and hit ok.

If you're doing it on a pic by pic basis it's pretty much the same routine.

I remember Windows live had similar functions.

You'll pretty much get the hang of it and when you upload them on here you have the opportunity to name and add a caption.

Good luck! ;-)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#3 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

There are numerous image manipulation packages available for free or trial on the internet which can resize your pictures for you, such as: - FastStone, IrfanView or ImageMagick to name but a few.

I would probably recommend FastStone, although I personally use ThumbsPlus.

Images are best set to 800x600 or 600x800 for the forum.

Looking forward to your TR Sam 8)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#4 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Google Picasa is another good freebie as well, You can export whole batches of pics at a size of your choosing, as DC says 800x600 is about right for putting up on the forum.

#5 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

The others have posted good advice, but one VERY important point is to make sure you are saving a copy of the original resized, and not resizing the original itself.

#6 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Faststone is so simple.

cheers DK
Oh so happy when in LOS

#7 samcro

samcro
  • Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Never had a problem with PIXresizer as well Sam...

Samcro
Live to ride, ride to live.

#8 JackG

JackG
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

The others have posted good advice, but one VERY important point is to make sure you are saving a copy of the original resized, and not resizing the original itself.

+1
When you re-size a photo be sure to give the new re-sized copy a different name so you don't overwrite your original.

#9 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

I just set the camera to 700x600 and no fucking about trying to shrink them later.

Though I only found this out a couple of years ago. Before that I used shrink pictures.com.

#10 JackG

JackG
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

I just set the camera to 700x600 and no fucking about trying to shrink them later.

Though I only found this out a couple of years ago. Before that I used shrink pictures.com.

Ah, but you are losing quality that way, are you not?
Generally, the larger the image the more mega pixels, which means a sharper picture. This comes in handy if you later want to crop the photo, i.e., enlarge a small section of the photo.
If you start with a smaller number of mega pixels, then you are limited to what you can do later with the photo.
Entirely up to you, of course.
:)

#11 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Ah, but you are losing quality that way, are you not?

Never had any complaints about the photo's I have done. In fact I have had a fair few good comments.

As you say its up to how one wants to do it ? But me I am just to lazy and can't be arsed to resize any more just so Joe Bloggs can tug one off over it. :D

#12 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Never been called Joe before... :|
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci