Dentists

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'll be arriving in Pattaya on the 8th of June and while I'm there I want to get some dental work done, as in permanent dental bridges. Any BMs know of any good, reliable and relatively dentists that are there. Prices here are absolutely ridiclouis and over the roof....thnx.... :rock:

#2 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

oops I left out the word "cheap" between reliable and realatively (cheap) dentisits.

#3 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

On the road to Jomtien, there is a building with a silver front with a sign in large letters announcing The German Dentist. It is on the left a few minutes out of Pattaya.

I had them repair a broken tooth & I was very happy with the work they did. Michael the German owner saw me before & after the work was done & approved the job before I left. Being a farang, he isn't allowed to do it himself but he oversees everything.

All modern equipment, well trained staff & the price seemed more than fair. 900 baht from memory. He was recommended to me as the best dental clinic in Pattaya. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

As for the cheapest, I can't say. Sometimes a good job is worth more than a cheap price. From what I have read in the forums over the years, all Thai dentists seem well trained. But the ex-pats who told me about Michael were adamant I shouldn't go anywhere else.

#4 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

thnx paccers, but can you be a bit more specific on the location "on the road to Jomtiem" is pretty general.

#5 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Dr. Bee has her own business "Dental-i-deas" on Pattaya Klang about 50 metres past Foodland on same side...Orange frontage, can't miss it.

Cannot recommend her highly enough. Best dentist I have had by a mile. I see her every trip even if just for a clean and have had 4 crowns as well.

Reasonable prices and great work and sometimes she even sings while she works...very soothing.

moblie...0892505757
shop....038716444

Tell her Mr. Bruce sent you. :D

Cheers DK

Attached Files

Oh so happy when in LOS

#6 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thnx DK I love a rockin" dentist...., :rock:

#7 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

For nine years now I've used Dental for You opposite TukCom, mostly cleaning and descaling (in fact I was there yesterday) but in 2007 while living in Pattaya for six months I had a wisdom tooth extracted as well as removing some old silver fillings and replaced with the white enamel variety.

They have always done a first class job at very reasonable prices. Yesterday's work was 500 Baht (£10.00) completed in 30 minutes. In England that would have been around £45.00 at a private practice allowing only 20 minutes.

#8 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Is that you in the hairnet Bruce...? :mrgreen:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#9 aussieguy

aussieguy
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hey DK you sat dental-i-deas is on pattaya klang near foodland, how far up or near what intersection would it be near too ?

#10 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Is that you in the hairnet Bruce...? :mrgreen:

I'm more of a shower cap guy Pete. :lol:

Cheers Bruce
Oh so happy when in LOS

#11 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

I've had two crowns done at Dr. Smile across from Tukcom. My dentist here in the US even commented on what a nice job they did.

#12 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

thnx paccers, but can you be a bit more specific on the location "on the road to Jomtiem" is pretty general.

Sorry, I don't have the exact address. The main route between Pattaya & Jomtien is Thap Phraya & much of it is double carriage-way. The German Dentist is on the left side of the road on that section of Thap Phraya.

The building isn't hard to spot, the name is in giant silver letters stuck to the front of the building. They are up high & can be seen easily. I seem to remember the building is silver as well.

But it isn't a competition, it's no concern of mine where you go. Be aware that there has been a lot of publicity for tourists to avoid the cheap teeth whitening services you see advertised on the front window of many dental clinics. They use a process that damages the teeth according to reports. Again, it is up to you. At least now you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci