Proper Noob!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#13 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

I have a compact travel medicine booklet that accompanies me each time I travel.

The following exerpt is very handy indeed.

I've taken 2 Noroxin (Norfloxacin) together with an Imodium plenty of times for a rapid fix.

Easy to buy at any pharmacy in Thailand without a prescription.

Cheers
Koykaeng

Attached Files

Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#14 tourist

tourist
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

I have a compact travel medicine booklet that accompanies me each time I travel.

The following exerpt is very handy indeed.

I've taken 2 Noroxin (Norfloxacin) together with an Imodium plenty of times for a rapid fix.

Easy to buy at any pharmacy in Thailand without a prescription.

Cheers
Koykaeng

thanks KY, I'm also a victim of unpleasant urgencies...

I already saved your med advice in my HD. I'm sure will be very useful on my next trip to LOS ( or should I say PATTS........) :D

:rock: :thnx:
I went to the Dark side and found the Light !!!

#15 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

some excellent advice there, thanks koykaeng.
now to book my return to Patts!

#16 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Very handy KK - excellent advice. The waiting is the important part as many pharmacies will try to sell you antibiotics right off, which might not be the right thing to take.

Just another suggestion if the initial anbiotics don't work, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, azithromycin (not 1st line recommendation), consider adding metronidazole (Flagyl) 500 mg 3x daily. This will cover several protozoal (amoebas, etc) parasites that can also be a cause of the diarrhea. If you need to take metronidazole DO NOT drink alcohol, as the interaction will make you very ill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci