Photo

Old Patong

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#13 Guest_flexxy46_*

Guest_flexxy46_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Oh no not again...I am understanding and agreeing with Mr Boomdraw.

There are, I believe major changes coming. When i first went to Thailand it was the end of the Vietnam era and the only P4P was in BKK and Pattaya and that was half the size of today. PatPong being the major place in BKK and Soi Cowboy only having been started a few years earlier.

There are now massively more P4P places driven mainly by Europeans, so what happens when our economy crashes? There is clearly no market to replace us. The P4P must shrink enormously. The Indians, Chinese etc are not interested.

Thailand will still be an important tourist destination but the demographic that feeds the P4P will not be able to afford Thailand for a while I feel.

As an aside I remember sitting in shack on Karon beach which served the most fantastic Thai food and this Brit complaining about the quality of the french fries; I was horrified, I thought the place was over. That was 1982........so what do I know!

#14 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

i was speaking about the lack of funds coming to the p4p scene months ago on the threads due to the crashing dollar n euro, will see but i expect an expanding low season but not that drastic of one, alot of repeat offenders in the kingdom are addicts are they not, they will find a way. and doesnt phuket in the long term really plan on ending patong, im pretty sure they do folks in terms of most of it and making it a more high end place for the well to do were no doubt whores will flock but just not out in your face bar girls, could be ten years away or even less.

#15 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Just to contrast here's a pic with the little black blob indicating where I live on the old pic, with the view from there today on the other pic!!

Bearing in mind i actually understood a boomdraw post as well :harhar: I see the dicotomy of going 'upmarket' with places like Kee Plaza, compared to the new Tiger Complex. to me Phuket will never be high end again- the people who came here to get away from Pattayaland are now gravitating towards different destinations.

The target market is now Aussies and Russians, with Korean and Chinese tour groups also into the equation. Single guys on tour, no matter how self-important they feel they are to the economy are not a big factor in the general scheme of things anymore.

Attached Files

#16 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

The place looked lovely back then , a real paradise sadly now spoilt forever .

As an aside what is the black shape crawling up the hill in the last pic ?

Could you have inadvertently captured some sort of wild beast of Phuket ?
Where your friend you ?

#17 KendoUK

KendoUK
  • Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

fascinating pictures of a "picturesque" Patong, amazing how fast it has all sprung up.

Would love to get me a DeLorean and go monging there in the 80s.

zinc n B-6 deficiency's, tends to make folks post crazy things like ''your a fagg you never fuked a trannie prostitute''.. - Boomdraw

#18 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

shit id luv patong just to go back to what it was in 2000, but today it is overdeveloped and becoming as ive said elsewhere that unique nauseating mix of greng jai and hotel hostess vibes, everyone is after the same nickel, it was great while it lasted.. most of the enthusiams of how great it still is comes from people who are first timers and coming from fucking ohio or something equally wonderful. the wild untamed phuket is a thing of the past, it will be singapore like before 2020 with the bonus of the local whores being nowhere as educated or cultured as the singaporeans but wanting equally as much, it trully wont be around in ten more years if u ask me, there just wont be a need for that kind of fish to be cuaght to keep the fishfarm owners well fed. koh samui is another over developed ruined island, koh panghan might be the spot that becomes hot next, and there is the chance that after the island goes more hi so that it will actually go bankrupt in the transition, who is gonna fill all them rooms? phuket is supposed to be a place were average fucks make a decent living working 6 monhts a year and then they close down and live meager on the down time, a fishing village turned whoremonger village turned upscale 5 star resort is a pretty good leap, will see what comes but most likely the phuket economy is gonna tank.

#19 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

You wished the Old Patong was how it used to be...

shit id luv patong just to go back to what it was in 2000... a fishing village turned whoremonger village turned upscale 5 star resort is a pretty good leap, will see what comes but most likely the phuket economy is gonna tank.

Yet only 12 minutes ago you seemed impatient, yet again, for Cambodia to turn into the new Patong...

... is cambodia ever gona be the new patong? that oil money is slow to flow it seems.

Although it didn't really need confirmation... You don't make sense :|

Meum cerebrum nocet

#20 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

yes my tard friend coxsickle noy, a new patong, but not one of today more like the one in above thread is talkking about, the patong in its heyday ,something just starting out and full of enthusiams n growith n wildness,, places like that are best, sorry my idealist friend i didnt mean that camboida would be forever yours or mine dream land or anybodys . every place has its sweet spot in time were everything is just fantastic and its short lived which is why it has value, i took u of my delete list to read your nadda, waste of a perfectly good waste of time looking at some others 37 year old tranny report that wouldve wasted my time. thx :angel: now back to :wnkr: list for u.

#21 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

The place looked lovely back then , a real paradise sadly now spoilt forever .

As an aside what is the black shape crawling up the hill in the last pic ?

Could you have inadvertently captured some sort of wild beast of Phuket ?

"The Blob" is roughly where my place is on the hill. Not a great one for editing pics as you can see, lol. Should have used an arrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci