Old Patong

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

bearing in mind some of the comments on Flexxy's TR and how some of us pine for the 'old' phuket we miss so much I thought I'd post some pics and a link to a good blog about the good old days. http://www.thai-blog...-is-in-the-air/ Similar pics of pattaya are available on the net.

Attached Files

#2 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

A few more.

Attached Files

#3 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:43 AM

Some of these I've posted in other threads but never as a group.

Attached Files

#4 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

You'd be pushed to find a bit of green anywhere in the middle of patong these days.

Attached Files

#5 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

One more of Phang Na Bay and a couple from the Holiday Inn in the days when it was g/friendly. Any others with pics of the good old bad old days please post them so we can reminisce about when Phuket WASN'T a pattaya pretender and was just laid back fun. :tantrum:

Attached Files

#6 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Some of these I've posted in other threads but never as a group.

I like seeing how things used to be compared to now.

What year are we in here, when did you take them?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#7 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

^^^ The first two posts are early to mid-80s and are off the blogs- there's some good reading there as well about how things were. The Pics taken by me were in 1989, on my second trip. I seem to have mis-laid a lot of pics unfortunately.

#8 hartmut

hartmut
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

What else did you Mis-Lay?????
No Matter where you are or have been, You are Here

#9 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

what was once a great island is now on its way to being just another overcrowed sterile shit hole, hey there is always low season.

#10 Guest_flexxy46_*

Guest_flexxy46_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

what was once a great island is now on its way to being just another overcrowed sterile shit hole, hey there is always low season.

I find this hard to believe but I understand and agree....but there are still some places that have echoes of the serene past

#11 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

phuket is certainly not what it once was and i would predict major changes for the worst in the coming 5 years, via law n infrastructure and how many aminpuri hotels can u live next door to and still feel like you got away from it all?, hell the place already reaks like a sewer does it not, like i said, theres always low season, perhaps i just need to stay in rawai?

ive even recently chatted with thai chics online n they agree'd with me, phukets best days are gone.

#12 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Ivor's pics certainly brought back memories of my first trip there February '88, I had some good pics of water buffaloes and their keepers at the south end of the beach in the paddy fields that used to be there.

The Beach bars are as I remember them and I seem to recall frequenting the Irish Bar owned by an old Oirish fella named Oliver who I actually believe is still there somewhere.

Fast forward to '95 and Bangla was now tarmaced/paved and Soi Croc was just taking off...the Tequila bar still had a thatched roof and was leased by a guy called Yorkie...as Soi Croc got more busy the Mafia muscled in and shoved the old ex-pat owners out further down to the next Soi.

Met me first Postie then...:blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci