Anyone got the new i-Phone 4S?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

I was wondering if any of you fine fellows have leapt into the fray for the newly launched i-phone 4S and if you have what do you think of it?

As always with new Apple launches there is a certain amount of controversy with what this beast could've/should've been... :shrug:

I have a foot in both camps where on some areas I'm an early adopter and in others "lets wait for version 2". :D a bit like my taste in LB's leely...

I have the i-phone 3GS which was great but after uploading the latest OS it's starting to hang, I'm also on my 3rd screen and the case is well cracked so it's seen better days and I'm thinking of a replacement hence the need for change.

I considered the 4 but recently I took my GF's back to the main agent as it had died and I am not kidding when I say there were 30 tickets before me at the Tech Support desk and they were all returning their i-phone 4... :tantrum:

By de way...I'm not shifting from Apple... :blush:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#2 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:21 PM

You've raised an important point there Pete, I have an i phone4 which I'm delighted with however, I'd better remove some of my x rated holiday snaps just in case it happens to die and needs to be returned for repair :blush:

Slappy just bought the 4s model.

#3 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

I considered the 4

I have the 4 and decided not to upgrade to 4s, but wait for the 5.

I´ve had the 2 and 3g, but the 4 is of course the best phone I've ever had. No problems whatsoever. The latest ios5 runs great on it. The first reports of antenna problems from the US, is now confirmed was due to their shitty 3g network. In Europe it was never a problem. Even the camera in 4 is decent.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#4 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

I got mine a few weeks ago. I had a blackberry before. Its ok I am still getting used to it. I will confess I am not the sharpest tack in the box so the learning curve might be steep. I am also not a techie so I most likely will never use it to its true potential. I always liked the BB key board I could text with out looking at the phone, this is a little more difficult. There are some very cool aps so thats nice. So far my two biggest gripes are the battery is shit doesn't even last a day and I have to keep reconnecting the blue tooth. I think once I get the hang of it I will like it more. Oh and the camera is really good.
If you have a specfic question about it I will try to address it

#5 deepthroat69

deepthroat69
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

I was with some customers last week on a trip and they all had 4S's and LOVED them. I was sold when one of them asked his phone "Why does it hurt when I pee?" and the phone tried to give him an answer...

But then when I checked with my carrier, it will cost around $500+ to upgrade to a new fully-loaded 4S so I decided I'll continue to be happy with my older model iPhone until they release the 5 sometime in the next 12 months or so.
2nd Annual GOTC: 3rd Feb. 2012 8pm Pook Soi 6 (upstairs bar) - BE THERE!

#6 redeye

redeye
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

I have the 4 and my son recently got the 4s so I have had a good chance to compare the two. In fact they are very little different, camera is better os the s but after using it for a rwe days I wouldn't pay to upgrade mine

#7 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

I'm still using my 8GB Iphone One... Still waiting for Apple to do a deal with China Mobile. :loco:

#8 dick_turpin

dick_turpin
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

The guys over at Gizmodo read all the reports and hints about the features of 5 and rigged one up. I am not sure if I can post a link to the report. If it is not banned I will put it up.

#9 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

So, the iPhone 4s comes out in Thailand today.

Anyone wanna guess how much it costs?

I've never had a smart phone (still rocking the Nokia 900bt jammy!) and had decided now's the time. Went to pre-order one the other day, and was completely taken aback...

One THOUsand U.S. Dollars (64g). That's like thirty shorttimes... THIRTY!

Few things shock me anymore, even in this country, but I was speechless.

Free in Japan (16g) with a two year contract. A THOUsand bucks in Thailand. Makes perfect sense... :argh:

#10 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

I think that figure is probably about right worldwide if you're buying without a contract.

The trouble is it'll be a few months before it all settles and you get a reasonable deal; I bought a 4 for my GF and even with a monthly contract it was still 600 bucks.
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#11 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

I bought one Iphone 4s (you know for whom originally, but ...) in MBK for 26500 baht end of November.

Nick Bullseye

#12 hyflex

hyflex
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

pete i recently got the 4s and so far have had no prob. the siri function provides alot amusement when asking it crazy questions. screen res is better to me camera def better.hard choice though as overseas i have a galasy s and really like android. by the way i am also in a land of sand southern saudi, what parts you in

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci