Anyone got the new i-Phone 4S?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#13 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

I've just downloaded the latest What Digital camera mag and this is what they said about the 4s.

The 8mp inside the 4s is stunning not just for a mobile phone but for a compact camera full stop. In the results from a blind test the results trumped the Canon S95 powershot. Ok you haven't got the optical zoom, handling characteristics or RAW shooting but then again the 4s does things that a compact can't; with all the apps available with their own editing and manipulation and add in the the fact that your shots can be shared instantly on a variety of platforms.

Oh dear...what to do. 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#14 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

I don't see the point - it doesn't have a flash, are you really going to edit and send the photos right away on the phone via twitter, facebook, etc?

Save your money, because Iphone 5 is coming in a few months and you'll be lusting after that, having spent large $$$ on the now obsolete 4s.

Chasing technology is futile, unless the new tech actually has features that you actually NEED and not WANT.

The tech companies want you to be like the hamster in the spinning wheel - always upgrading without thinking about what you really need.

#15 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

I'm truly a gadget hamster... :tada:

No worries RX...the car needs fixing etc so my Xmas stash is spoken for. 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#16 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

...Chasing technology is futile, unless the new tech actually has features that you actually NEED and not WANT. The tech companies want you to be ... always upgrading without thinking about what you really need.

Best advice and most accurate statement on any subject that I've seen on this forum to my recollection rxpharm! :notworthy: :clapclap:

#17 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Petesie, just buy yourself the 4S. I upgraded to one because it was free when I renewed my contract. And the new contract is $20 a month less than the old one.

I thought it would be just another phone but it isn't. It is the greatest gadget I have ever owned & I love it.

And it does have a built-in flash for its excellent camera. I used it over Xmas & took wonderful pics because most of the time, no one knew they were having their photo taken.

You love your cameras, you have a broken iPhone now & you are wondering whether to upgrade? Don't hesitate!

As for the iPhone5, Apple will need to really pull out the stops for that & with no Steve Jobs & a lot of development needed, I tend to agree with those who aren't expecting it next year.

Of course they might spring it on us in April but so what?

The 4S is a terrific bit of kit that you will enjoy the hell out of.

And wait till you meet Siri! I have no idea how they made that work. Siri is simply a technological marvel. A girl living in your phone who you can have real time conversations with. (Providing you can speak "accent-free")

Me: "Siri, do you love me?"

Siri: "I am not allowed"

Me: "Oh Siri, what are you doing?"

Siri: "What am I doing? I am talking with you"

She's a very matter-of-fact young lady but I am sure I can wear her down & win her heart.

Don't put up with your old phone another day, go & buy the 4S & you can thank me later

#18 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Cheers for that Paccers!

Alas my car needs fixing so the funds for the new gadget will be put to other use for the time being. The Superior Camera+ app gives you 6 x digital zoom, image stabiliser, self timer and burst mode among a few other things for around 35 baht.

#19 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:04 AM

i finally took the smartphone plunge and got a 4s. love it, got all my music on it, the apps i need and games, i have friends who are quite disappointed with the iphone 4 running ios 5, seems to be less responsive according to them.
I turned Siri off after it accused me of profanity! wasn't even talking to it.
i noticed you could actually buy camera lenses for the iphone now, theres some zoom lense you can attach to it, can't vouch for it's usefulness though.

#20 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Are you telling me this Siri thing tells us what or what not to say?

It's in for a fucking shock with me then. 8)

#21 kendal1972

kendal1972
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

i may have said something while holding the phone with the home button mistakenly pressed, it was enough to put me off lol
apparently your completely stuffed if your a scotsman and try and use siri!
look up the spoof siri ads, one of them nearly made me choke with laughter!

#22 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

It seems the English version of Siri has quite a sense of humour.

I am sure everyone found this hilarious - http://www.nbcbayare...-136450818.html

What I didn't know till I read this was that the default voice in the UK is a male.

Mine has the voice of a lay-dee with a lovely clipped accent.

And she speaks in real time with no jumpy delay like you might expect from a computer generated voice.

God knows how Apple does it, I am amused every time we talk. I think we'll be engaged by March... :clapclap:

#23 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:47 PM

What I didn't know till I read this was that the default voice in the UK is a male.

No shit! I changed mine from US English to UK English the other day, hoping to get a proper Queen's accent on my bird. Then some dude started talking to me...

At some point, when setting up, I was able to choose the voice. But can't seem to find that setting now...

#24 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

:clapclap:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci