Frustration with gyms in Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:08 AM

Check out the Dynasty Grand Inn in BKK. It has an ok gym and its usally empty. If your not staying at the hotel they charge about 300bht. Thats the price I was recently quoted when I made my reservation at the Dawin. I tried to negociate free use of the facilites as the Dawin is part of the same chain but I was shut down.

The California WOW in Pats, if thats the one in the mall on second road by soi 13, were really nice last year no hard sell. The sales girl was adorable and she gave me a fairly reasonable deal as I remember. I mean didnt take note of the exact price but I don't recall any sticker shock. I am planning to join there again for my stay in Pats this Dec as well.

#14 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

For an even cheaper option, at least as far as a hotel with available gym, you can stay at the Majestic Suites Hotel, and they will give you a pass to use at the Majestic Grande just a block or so away. They have a pretty good setup in there with free weights, machines, steam room, sauna, pool, etc.

#15 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

A buddy of mine has recently visited Patts and as he has used California WoW before went there again, this time they would not not budge past 1k per visit if he didn't take out a subscription deal. 8) :tantrum:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#16 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

For an even cheaper option, at least as far as a hotel with available gym, you can stay at the Majestic Suites Hotel, and they will give you a pass to use at the Majestic Grande just a block or so away. They have a pretty good setup in there with free weights, machines, steam room, sauna, pool, etc.

This is what I was pushing the Dawin to do for me at the DIG but they were pricks about it. Never stayed at the Majestic how are the accomadations. I will do a search any input would be helpful

#17 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

A buddy of mine has recently visited Patts and as he has used California WoW before went there again, this time they would not not budge past 1k per visit if he didn't take out a subscription deal. 8) :tantrum:

I guess the WOW is in reference to the price cause thats like WOW $30US. Well I dont mind signing up for the couple of weeks I will be in Pats but it would have to be way less than that per work out. Its so damm covenient to the DI which is where I stay but at those rates I will be looking at other options maybe Tonys if its reasonable

#18 farangbah

farangbah
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

Wow, thanks for all the feedback, gents!

I have found the hotels to be cost prohibitive, but I'll have a look at some of the ones mentioned. JW Marriot was charging me 650bt/day, and the one in the Landmark is part of the Fitness First chain, and some tried to rationalize with me that it was "only" 3200bt/month but 5400bt for a week.

@Crackerjax (and Petesie) -- I only wish! The truth is (as svelte and buff a figure as I may have cut in person, my good man :D ) I can't run. I have broken both of my legs in recent years, had additional operations, complications, setbacks. The gym is a necessary and specified part of my rehab.

One of my other problems (they are numerous at the mo), is that I can't seem to find a decent apartment. So, the prospect of picking up weights or finding space for a bench in my eventual generic studio apartment, plus bike storage, seems untenable right now. In an ideal world, it would be nice. Believe me, as an old cycling guide there's nothing I'd rather do than hop on a bike right now, but BKK ain't the place.

The gym is a necessary evil for me -- I've been in gyms all over the world, and yes, the clientele, etiquette, etc., leaves a lot to be desired, but it is my place to get away from everything else in life, and just focus on one thing, meditatively (something I find difficult doing at home).

So, long story short, the winner of the protein shake is...

Mardhiiiiiiiiiiiiii...! (I can get a girl to cum in a cup if you'd prefer :D ).

Bumrungrad has a great little gym, with everything I need, at affordable prices, with a friendly and seemingly knowledgeable staff, plus programs that can involve the hospital's doctors. I'm a fan of the hospital (having had one of my arthroscopic surgeries there), and had been thinking about working again with some of their physios. So, cheers for that.

A long post about gyms, sorry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci