Photo

Can A Ladyboy Be Approved For Travel Visa?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 confederatecolonel

confederatecolonel
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:56 PM

Dear LB 69 Readers,

Is is possible to get a travel visa for a ladyboy that you wish to visit you in your home country? I understand that several countries recognize gay marriages and it is possible through these places to obtain fiancee' visa for the ladyboy. Also, is it true that the ladyboy's papers will still state that she is male, even if she has has SRS surgery? Even in the USA, some states recognize gay marriages and several more are considering legislation to do the same. It is only a matter of time before the Supreme Court will indeed pass and approve gay marriages in all states in the USA. And something else. Can a post-op ladyboy, if she is able to get to the USA, obtain papers legalizing her as a woman? I know that there are many readers here on this forum with unlimited knowledge about these matters and I appreciate any comments aobut my inquiries. Surely you Mr. James Brit, can shed some light on this subject. I always welcome your comments and advice for it is well-placed. Okay readers, let's hear your comments.

The Confederate Colonel
Deo Vindice!
For God and the Confederacy.
Colonel G. Woods
Chaplain, Confederate Legion
In Service to God, family, & the Confederacy

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

From my understanding. It is just as easy (or hard) for a LB to get a tourist visa as it is a girl. But it is bloody difficult!
If you want to take an LB back to your home country it would also depend on which country you are from but his/her gendre or sexuality is not an issue.

I think the main critrirea is establishing you have had a long relationship with this person, proving you have significants fund to support him/her, proving she has significant funds to support herself, and proving he/she has enough commitment/responsibility back home to have reason to return home after the trip. All of which can be extremely difficult and can take a very long time to prove and process. Most visas are denied, although many people use visa companies which guarantee to get your partner a visa, but this may take years and become incredibly expensive.

Unfortunately USA is a particularly hard place to obtain a visa for from what I know, especially compared to some European countries (but not the UK).

Regarding a marraige visa, I think again, there is no discrimination during the visa application towards sexuality or gender, but I'm pretty certain a LB is never recognised as a Female no matter what medication or Surgery she has, and her Thai passport will always remain male.

Coming trom the UK, I know that in theory you could Marry a LB and have that marraige legally recognised, or even marry in the UK. You could then obtain a visa for your LB partner and then after many years she could achieve citizen status, apply for her UK passport and nationality, and if she had had the surgery she could be legally recognised as a female.

Alas, she can still not give birth.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 eagle_red

eagle_red
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

Hi,

This might be of interest to you,

http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/

Regards.

#4 s_jon

s_jon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:26 AM

my LB gf got a visa for the UK, but only after we had lived together in BKK for a year, we are now reconised as an 'unmarried same sex couple'

#5 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:03 PM

There is no particular discrimination on getting a visa for an LB.

* She has to have her own savings (ie not just lodged by you to get her a visa).

* Preferrably a regular proper salary (ie not funds obtained illegally {inc prostitution})

* She has to have property (house or car) - some degree of capital asset.

The notion is for the LB to have a reason to return to Thailand. And obviously the officials are looking for potential missuse of the visa for the purposes of prostitution.

It is almost impossible in the USA to get residancy for an LB without a prescribed trade (which is recognised for green card status).
However you can apply for a Civial Partnership residancy in the UK. This is a difficult and long process but is achieveable.

It is a difficult enough process for a female to accomplish let alone an LB.

I wish you best of luck in your endevour.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#6 JaiDee

JaiDee
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

:)

classic, hilarious stuff .....

#7 Phillip69

Phillip69
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

Well some girls go back upcountry and get a friends birth certificate, come back down to Bangkok and get a passport with a new name and sex.

Now tell me this isn't true!!!

#8 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

With the new Thai smart card ID system, this is much more difficult than before as your fingerprint will be linked to your ID card. What you stated was true in the past, but will soon become next to impossible.

All Thai citizens will have their fingerprints associated with their ID, so you can imagine that "borrowing" someone else's ID will trigger an alert.

#9 Premier

Premier
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

can anyone please fill me in on the requirements that the Australian government demand to allow a Thal LB into the country? Is it worth the effort?

#10 rob30

rob30
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

how about bringing her in as your housekeeper? Would it be easier to get the visa?

As I understand it a thai needs a visa issued by thai authorities in order to get out of the country.

How about the country she is visiting? Does she need another visa to get into the EU?

#11 s_jon

s_jon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:22 AM

a thai does not need any visa from thailand to leave....only money they need to leave thailand is the 500baht for the airport!

they will need a visa for the EEC country though! that will be the hard part, but not impossable, i am typing this in london sitting on the sofa next to my thai ladyboy gf

#12 s_jon

s_jon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

if anyone is serious about bringing a Ladyboy to the UK or Europe, read this site:

http://www.uklgig.org.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci