Photo

How many more shopping centres in Pattaya?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#13 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:49 PM

On Buakaow just before Soi 15, they are building new condos (4 separate buildings). Looks like 4 floors per unit at 5.5 million baht. Having watched the construction, I'd pass. The first building was just about done and now they're knocking out side walls for what will probably be balconies. (I imagine that's a customization required by a customer. Can't see the owner spending the money without a request.) Each building has at least 4 units. That's some serious money.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#14 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

Seriously, how many more shopping centre's does Pattaya need?

I'm hearing that the old Xzyte plot is now becoming a shopping centre, there's a 2nd and bigger Tuk Com being built in Central Pattaya and MBK are building a large Pattaya shopping Centre on the old Montien Hotel plot. There are probbaly others too.,

I quite enjoy wandering around the large Central Pattaya shopping centre, the food court is handy, the cinema is great, some of the inexpensive restaurants at the front have decent views, and the Hilton bar and restaurant is spectacular and very affordable (I also don't mind the make up counter LBs in their pantyhose), but the place is never that busy and several of the shop units continually change hands or remain empty at times.

Either this is a case of TIP (this is Pattaya) or the predictions that more and more family and couple tourists from Russia, Inida and the Arab nations or going to take over Pattaya is correct.

Judging by the fashion statements made by both mongers and tourits in Pattaya, these shopping malls just don't seem necessary.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#15 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Hilton buffets have been strongly recommended by a friend- he raves about the seafood

#16 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I've also heard they have an all you can drink wine night which is worth investigating..

#17 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

Xzyte is mere rubble now and yes all talk is of another mall.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#18 ronny

ronny
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

A new shopping center just recently on Sukhumvit road at the entrance on pattaya Klang, King of duty free, just like the other one in Bangkok near Victory Monument.

#19 ronny

ronny
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

I think there will be Tukcom n°2

#20 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

you dont need a shopping mall to buy a singha vest and a bottle of chang.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#21 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

Maybe they are planning on shooting the next Dawn of the Dead re make in Pattaya .

They certainly won't be stuck for extras .

#22 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

I think there will be Tukcom n°2

The 2nd Tuk Com is being built on Pattaya Klang near Foodland from what I just read, the Xzyte plot is planning to be yet another mall..

#23 stonefre

stonefre
  • Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

To be sure the developers of have done their due diligence. (tongue firmly planted in cheek) :harhar:

#24 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci