adolf who.?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Actions like these we just have to put down to the bulk of the(ir) nation being poorly educated and non-worldly, plus being brain-washed from birth unable to think for themselves with fear of the after-life and their propaganda-ridden culture. This in turn unfortunately leads many Thais to turn selfish, inward, backward and devoid of any worthy knowledge regarding the rest of the world. As far as they're concerned, Thailand is the world.

They'll be getting swastika tattoos next :|

Don't go there!! :lol: :lol:

#26 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

That was covered months ago in another string.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#27 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Can't remember if we are allowed to post links or not but this is quite funny. i wonder how many complaints wil be made though!! Just a bit or harmless parody IMHO.

#28 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

Ivor, that's just like the link that Patrick posted above, and I thought it was hilarious. I don't think many people would object to a parody, but the subject of Anthony's original post had to do with kids, and was certainly not parody. I think the concern revolves around the fact that they don't seem to understand the horror that was Nazi Germany, and their teachers obviously aren't pointing it out to them.
Actually living the dream.

#29 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Ivor, that's just like the link that Patrick posted above, and I thought it was hilarious. I don't think many people would object to a parody, but the subject of Anthony's original post had to do with kids, and was certainly not parody. I think the concern revolves around the fact that they don't seem to understand the horror that was Nazi Germany, and their teachers obviously aren't pointing it out to them.

I personally don't understand why people in Thailand SHOULD be educated as to European history. Is Cambodia and Pol Pot's regime on the curriculum in the west- I doubt it. I doubt there is much about the second world war in any Western school's curriculum these days either but would be interested to hear if it is. We are all of a generation that learned about the wars of the 20th century, 30ish years on from when we were educated history has moved on as well.

I'm not acting as an apologist for this 'incident' but it would have gone un-noticed if the western press hadn't seized on it to be provocative.

#30 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

I understand what you're saying, Ivor, and it's a good point. On the other hand, if American boys in school were dressing up as Pol Pot and his thugs, and making light of what happened in Cambodia, I'm quite sure SE Asians would be highly offended. You're correct in assuming that those incidents are not taught in Western curriculum, but I have a feeling that American teachers would point out exactly what Pol Pot represented if that occurred in a U.S. school. (Although I must admit that a lot of American teachers may very well be ignorant of what took place. Our education system leaves a lot to be desired.)
Actually living the dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci