29 replies to this topic

#1 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

this article was in todays SUN.

http://www.thesun.co...hai-school.html
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

These kids probably have little to no idea of the poilitcal significance (and bad taste) of their dress.

Have you ever talked world history with a Thai? Is it even possible?

But there are some people who should know better :redcard:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4170083.stm

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

It was a lavish presentation, you'd have thought that some teacher or even a parent (it is an international school) would have had an inkling that this was not in the best taste.
We often hear that the Thai education sytem is crap and certainly that's my impression "if it's not happening in Thailand it's not happening", but I wonder how many school kids in 2011 UK/US/AUS would know who Pol Pot, Stalin or Idi Amin were.

In any event I suppose the Thai's wouldn't get this:

When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#4 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

This crap is going around the main stream forums as well. At the risk of being seen to take their side in the big scheme of things (which I'm not) is it really a big issue? We can parody with Hogan's Heroes, 'Allo, Allo, Father Ted and John Cleese but kids doing it- no way. Even Mel Brooks takes the piss out of the nazis. Its bad taste yes but hardly earth shattering.

Should the teachers have known better yes- however in the US guys can dress up as storm troopers, shout Seig Heil, join the Aryan Nation and strut about with swastikas tattooed all over them- but its 'OK' because they have the constitutional right to freedom of expression? The arseholes in the photo even publish their telephone number!! Why not clean up our own shit before knocking a bunch of kids at a school sports day.

I'm not saying our generation should turn its back on history but the nazis were around approximately 70 years ago- that's 3 generations. No one goes on about the genocide caused by the japanese in Asia, Rwanda is all but forgotten and Bosnia was 20 years ago- I bet none of this is even taught in western schools now and its far more topical.

How can we choose which bits of history to cherry pick as important or not important and does the reign of these nutters so long ago have any bearing whatsoever on the thais or their life? I agree with what you said above Patrick about history.

Personally I don't condone what happened, just think its a storm in a teacup and I hope this doesn't descend into the normal blah blah about the Holocaust, how the Israelies behave now etc ever rotating circle.

Attached Files

#5 patrick

patrick
  • Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

Interesting points there Ivor, or should I say Mr Oddball, yes some of us are old enough to remember you were rather cosy with the Nazi's back in the day.
No wonder your soft on those Chiang Mai school kids. :harhar: :harhar:
When I were a lad we had the one thing that money can't buy....poverty

#6 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

The difference with the American storm trooper scenario, Ivor, is that they know exactly what they're doing, and thus choose to adopt that sick philosophy of the Nazis. In this case, the teachers, who are responsible for those young minds, should have pointed out that vile evil (anagram) to their charges. (I was going to use the "IMHO" thing, but that would be false modesty.)
Actually living the dream.

#7 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

It wasn't long ago that there was an uproar over the wax museum putting up billboards of Adolph that have since disappeared. So there is some level of understanding in Thailand. Maybe not up north.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#8 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Interesting points there Ivor, or should I say Mr Oddball, yes some of us are old enough to remember you were rather cosy with the Nazi's back in the day.
No wonder your soft on those Chiang Mai school kids. :harhar: :harhar:

I got a boodiful Tiger Tank out of the deal- don't knock it. :angel:

#9 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Actions like these we just have to put down to the bulk of the(ir) nation being poorly educated and non-worldly, plus being brain-washed from birth unable to think for themselves with fear of the after-life and their propaganda-ridden culture. This in turn unfortunately leads many Thais to turn selfish, inward, backward and devoid of any worthy knowledge regarding the rest of the world. As far as they're concerned, Thailand is the world.

They'll be getting swastika tattoos next :|

Meum cerebrum nocet

#10 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Actions like these we just have to put down to the bulk of the(ir) nation being poorly educated and non-worldly, plus being brain-washed from birth unable to think for themselves with fear of the after-life and their propaganda-ridden culture. This in turn unfortunately leads many Thais to turn selfish, inward, backward and devoid of any worthy knowledge regarding the rest of the world. As far as they're concerned, Thailand is the world.

They'll be getting swastika tattoos next :|

Don't go there!! :lol: :lol:

#11 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

That was covered months ago in another string.
Old, cantankerous, and sorry if I piss you off - well, not really. Just enjoy!

#12 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

Can't remember if we are allowed to post links or not but this is quite funny. i wonder how many complaints wil be made though!! Just a bit or harmless parody IMHO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci