Siam smile(s)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#13 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

the thai smile thing only hits u on your first trip, after u realize u were being smiled at by whores u ask yourself '' are they really smiling''? the only reason they have analyzed so many smiles is becasue they are always trying to lie aka save face, so everyone is basically a judge and a bad actor, thais are taught to lie from a real young age, its why they have a hard time growing up past adolescence in my opinon on world views., generally im not so impressed with thai smiles. what i am iimpressed with is there calm though, at times the most solemn n serene girl who u thought must be a total right cunt turns out to be a sweetie with a glowing smile, i always luv that.

#14 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

After 7 trips to Thailand I lost all hope of once get real smile, not only "Thai smile". Few months ago I was walking down the Patong and one girl in massage parlor in her late 20s asked me for a massage and I did what I always do... I smiled back and politely said her thank you but no thanks… Girl told me “thank for your smile”. From her heart and I loved it. Probably the kindest word ever said to me from Thai including all the sh..t told from X, Lisa.. and everyone else loving me… or better to say loving my Baht.

BR

#15 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

In most cultures politeness is usually the first impression after initial contact be it a gesture or indeed a smile.

Boomers me old mate, they are Thai and I'm sure we all appreciate people just how we find them and of course accept them for what they are and how they treat us regardless of race or culture...and they are the same with us.

A lot of these kids have pre conceived ideas of what and how we are and some of us do little to alleviate them of this notion.

Treat people as you would have them treat you is my motto.

Mind you, an asshole rarely deviates from type. ;-)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#16 boomdraw

boomdraw
  • Banned
  • 735 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

imo greng jai is the root of all ''thainess'',.... all cultures n idealogies n dogmas always are a concern with knowing, wanting to know and even not wanting to know, the whole division of jehovah n lucifer is a prime example. thais play dumb aka lie aka greng jai there life away via trying to save face (prevent knowing n responsibility) were it really lets face it should be lost( as should the birth right/wrong inheritence via the karma belief and the indifferance or greng jai it evokes), i look at thailand an there smile the way i do advanced young kids from broken homes who though they are bright for there age n clever really when the novelty is worn off realize that they are stultified were it really counts in developement(post 8 years till death faze i call it) . the sole reason for the ageist view in thailand is how long does it really take for thai kids to realize that there parents are full of it? and if everbody is always in some way sharing the same mind how can they respect old bad actors? thai people eat well and live in a great climate, they are a lucky lot for that, but the thai smile to me isnt that grand as i dont really view thai people as there brothers keeper and certainly not the worlds. in a world were chocolate is more full of love aka PEA or anandamide does a smile really even matter, rather a cup of theobroma cacao and some sexi feet.

#17 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

I actually understood every fucking word of that on the first pass.

Boomers me old mate...you're growing on us.

Any chance of meeting up with you for a beer or two sometime in the LoS? :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#18 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

Petesie, I'm already on the 3rd pass, and I still don't understand it. My hat is off to you, brother. :D
Actually living the dream.

#19 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

i did 2 passes mac and still not got a fucking clue myself :D
i swear to god i thought he was a girl :-)

#20 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

I must alleviate further...I'm in Dubai at the moment and I was halfway down a litre of the Scottish Holy Water and all of a sudden things made perfect sense... 8)

This morning however...things were not that great... :blush:

#21 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

Ah, I'm glad to hear that, Petesie. You had been away from the Forum for a while, supposedly on holiday, but I started to think that you were away somewhere secretively studying Boomdish. :D
Actually living the dream.

#22 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

Understandably a tent at the foot of the Himalayas immersed in the wisdom of a Sensei is not exactly my cup of tea though I might as well have been as I had no fucking internet!

Just here for the weekend and paying 25 bucks for the privilege of being online. :tantrum:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci