• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thaiway

thaiway
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

Hi All

I'll be flying into Pattaya U Tapao Airport and looking for some help on how to get to my hotel in Pattaya City.

Are there taxi's or busses there or should I arrange pick up with my hotel?

What's the cost by taxi? And how long doe's it take?

Cheers

#2 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hi thaiway,

U Tapao is about 40 Km South of Pattaya City, approximately 30-40 minutes drive.

It's been quite a few years since I've made use of U Tapao, however I remember using a mini bus service back to Pattaya, and the cost back then was around 200 Baht.

Should be easy enough to arrange a transfer to Pattaya via the mini bus once you land, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#3 thaiway

thaiway
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for the info Koykaeng

Cheers

#4 thaiway

thaiway
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Just thought I'd bump this thread

I've been doing some google searches on transfers from this airport and coming up with, well, nothing!

My hotel don't do any transfer's

There don't seem to be any taxi rank there, how often are the mini busses? after every flight?

It will be my first time to Pattaya and don't want to be stranded at this airport for hours.

Any more advise from BM's welcome

Cheers

#5 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

Thaiway,

There are definitely taxi's available at the airport, which correspond with the flight arrival schedules.

I have used this airport many times, and although a few years ago, there were always mini buses & taxis available.

My understanding is the only flights arriving at U-Tapao are Bangkok Airways from either Koh Samui or Phuket.

So relax, you aren't going to be stranded at the airport for the remainder of your holiday.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#6 widow

widow
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:02 PM

It also does russian flights the only country to use it. Wish Icould fly into there

#7 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

It also does russian flights the only country to use it. Wish Icould fly into there

Thanks for that Widow,

You learn something new every day !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#8 longman

longman
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

I have been to u-Tapau quite a few times and there are buses and taxies there.
The information below was as of last year-

When you arrive at the airport there should be some taxies and a bus waiting.
The bus follows a set route around Pattaya and makes frequent stops (eg, it stops on 2nd road near soi pattayaland and near mike shopping mall amongothers),
I think it costs about 150b/200b? -dont wait inside for too long once it is full it goes! (small bus).

The taxies are booked from inside when you arrive and used to cost 800b (a bit pricy but hey if you can afford to go to Samui then you can afford that!), you can also book them to go to Bangkok, Rayong and other places.

Hope that helps.
LM.

#9 thaiway

thaiway
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the info guys, its a big help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci