Photo

New Years Eve-LOS or PI

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: LOS or PI for Xmas-New Years

LOS or PI for Xmas-New Years

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#25 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I'm curious how cold it gets in thailand

Really? Seriously??? :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

#26 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've only done NYE in Pattaya in Thailand. Walking Street is absolutely packed and best avoided IMO. Fireworks at the pier maybe better viewed elsewhere. GG bar fines usually go way up on around Xmas and NY and the GGs might not be allowed to leave their bars very early. Less problems with LBs. I usually just find a bar(s) with a party away from WS.

Angeles City often has big fireworks displays right in the middle of Fields Avenue. You are very close, perhaps a bit too close if something goes wrong. In the GG world it's better to try and line up a date the night before NYE. NY day seems to be a big family holiday in PI and often GGs refuse to BF NYE and go home to see the family when their bar closes. And Xmas in a Catholic country slows things down a lot more than in Thailand.

So there is my opinion FWIW. The next NYE I do in SE Asia will probably be in Phnom Penh to get away from the madness in Pattaya and AC. 8) :D I'm not much of a fan of the super high tourist season these days.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#27 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

You know I thought that is what happens-family time in PI, barfines and drinks go up in LOS. But the weather is nicer at that time of year. :shrug: :shrug:

#28 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

I was in Pattaya for 2010 New Year and... same like Seven said; nothing to write home about. I saw cheap fireworks and few LBs from Pooks passing my bar on the way from Bali Hai Pier and that was about it. :angel:

BR

#29 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

[quote name="RobiSLO"]I was in Pattaya for 2010 New Year and... same like Seven said; nothing to write home about. I saw cheap fireworks and few LBs from Pooks passing my bar on the way from Bali Hai Pier and that was about it. :angel:

BR[/quot

Was it crowded, the bars I mean?

#30 Whiplash

Whiplash
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

Given the choice of the 2 options, id always go with thailand, but i would stay the hell away from walking st.

New years eve and Xmas have become way to commercialized :tantrum:

Much rather stay in my room until the midnight madness calms down...

#31 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

I am planning a trip to either LOS or PI for Xmas and New Years. I would like to get some feedback from BM's that would know which is better.
Thanks

#32 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

I´ve done Xmas and NYE in Bkk twice, and honestly, nothing to write home about.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#33 jayarr

jayarr
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

#34 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Unless you go up a mountain it is never cold (for a westerner) in Thailand.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#35 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

Really? Seriously??? :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

#36 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've only done NYE in Pattaya in Thailand. Walking Street is absolutely packed and best avoided IMO. Fireworks at the pier maybe better viewed elsewhere. GG bar fines usually go way up on around Xmas and NY and the GGs might not be allowed to leave their bars very early. Less problems with LBs. I usually just find a bar(s) with a party away from WS.

Angeles City often has big fireworks displays right in the middle of Fields Avenue. You are very close, perhaps a bit too close if something goes wrong. In the GG world it's better to try and line up a date the night before NYE. NY day seems to be a big family holiday in PI and often GGs refuse to BF NYE and go home to see the family when their bar closes. And Xmas in a Catholic country slows things down a lot more than in Thailand.

So there is my opinion FWIW. The next NYE I do in SE Asia will probably be in Phnom Penh to get away from the madness in Pattaya and AC. 8) :D I'm not much of a fan of the super high tourist season these days.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci