Photo

Movie Review: The Hangover, Part 2. (Filmed in Thailand)

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#97 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Was tempted to buy the DVD on the street (last time was The Davinci Code and it stopped halfway through). With these reviews, guess I'll pass. Rather live it - LOL!

#98 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

No I didn't but at $18 for the ticket, I can think how I could have better spent it.

No way would you spend $18 on a ticket you must have sneaked in when they opened the fire door :D

I have to agree with you brother Pacman , Hangover 1 was funny Hangover 2 was shit .

#99 Macman

Macman
  • Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Pacman, I remember a lot of your posts from Stogie Bear's site. I haven't been there for a long time, but it was always good to hear your opinions.
I'm afraid I won't be giving my take on the movie, even with the presence of the fabulous Miss Lee. That formula just doesn't work with me. I'd say it's all due to my age, but I don't think I ever went in for that type of flick. My kind of comedy is something like "My Cousin Vinny", but I think you have to be American to appreciate the humor in that one, and it helps a lot to be a New Yorker. I brought a lot of DVDs with me, and have been showing them to my GF, even though I've seen them all. So far we've watched "Dog Day Afternoon", "John Q" and "As Good As It Gets".
Thanks for the good wishes, Pac.

Macman (no relation to Pacman)
Actually living the dream.

#100 onetruesaxon

onetruesaxon
  • Banned
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

Not a patch on the first one. I should have learned my lesson years ago never go to watch a sequel at the cinema.

#101 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

They actually show dick?

I haven´t watched it yet.

Yep. They certainly do!

...and I'm with FBUK on this one. In this scene, Yasmin Lee drops her clothes and reveals a considerable ladyboy cock.

Just downladed it.. is it the scene in the locker room where Stu finds about his night with Jasmine, with several lbs around them, is that it?
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#102 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:33 AM

They actually show dick?

I haven´t watched it yet.

Yep. They certainly do!

...and I'm with FBUK on this one. In this scene, Yasmin Lee drops her clothes and reveals a considerable ladyboy cock.

Just downladed it.. is it the scene in the locker room where Stu finds about his night with Jasmine, with several lbs around them, is that it?

Yes, that's it.

And after giving Pacman's post some consideration, I have to say that I agree with him on this one. So much potential, and because of all the elements for a great comedy being in place, it was pretty mediocre from a comedic standpoint. In fact, there have absolutely zero posts on this thread from anyone who really loved it and recommended it as a must-see.

Sadly, the part that most interested me were the scenes taken at the Sky Bar at Lebua Club Towers. I've been to the bar and stayed at the hotel, and I left thinking "wow, it was cool to see the Sky Bar in a movie", rather than "wow, what a great movie".

The camera-photos at the end....the one where Stu is obviously taking up the wazoo....now that was pretty funny too....

Nix
:fly:
Nix

#103 strobriand

strobriand
  • Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

loved the picture at the end where the ladyboy was sitting on the top of the seat behind the actor tits out, and cock pulled out and hanging out of the panties.

Reminded me of some times in Casanovas

#104 yung havok

yung havok
  • Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Unlike the original hangover which gave Vegas a tourism spike I think this movie might have an adverse effect. Especially with the meatheads. A few acquaintances of mine who have seen the film commented that they would never go to Thailand because its crawling with transvestites. One of my buddies was even grilling me about the ladyboys saying "man what the hell do you go to Bangkok for, do you like boys in drag?"
Its funny how so many guys are horrified that they might end up with a ladyboy in their room.

#105 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

Well the movie may have sucked but it did very well for Yasmine Lee. She just came through NYC and as per Eros she is now asking 450 per hour. Thats up from the 300 she was asking pre-hangover.

#106 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

I just caught the movie at the Porch in Central Mall Pattaya...

Having not seen the first one I can only comment on the second.

I'm not going into much detail though I will say I'm not a big comedy movie fan and usually avoid them, I went to this one as it was just starting when we arrived and I wanted to give my date the Porch experience.

My date and I enjoyed it, some scenes were badly done and cringe-worthy but overall it was fine and gave us a fair few laughs. The pics at the end were funny and from what I gather from reading your reviews, followed the usual formula.

It's only the movies...8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci