• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

Forgive me, but i need to have a rant.

Its now 8am, and i've barely had a moment's sleep, all because i was disturbed a couple of hours ago. I figure if i get this off my chest, i might just be able to finally calm down and get some sleep. So, please forgive my self-indulgence.

Now, i almost universally, detest thai men. I don't have a lot of time for thai women, but i adore thai ladyboys. However, one of the things i hate about them all, is their ability to ask for money - usually with the line "Can you help me?". For all their precious "Face", they have the ability to ask for money without, seemingly, any shame at all.
I can remember at age 21, asking my employer for an advance on my salary so that i could get my Ford Cortina fixed( finished in Daytona Yellow - remember that colour? Lol. If you can, then you're as old as me, and thats old!). The blushes, and the stammering, and almost wept with joy when he agreed. Yet this mob seem to show no shame at all. I get a request, usually by text, but often face to face every week, every single bloody week!
I usually reject it with my favourite line: "No. Sorry, but i don't lend money to thais, as they lie, and never give me back!"

Now, i went with an LB last night (Songkran) for some of the most energetic and disgusting sex i've ever had. It was truly awesome, but i had been unable (unwilling) to visit an ATM in town, to reload my wallet for fear of getting drenched. And when it was time to say goodbye, i took her on my bike back into town and dropped her off at soi Parafise. As it happened i had forgotten my ATM card and could only give her the 600Baht in my pocket, with the promise to give her another 1,000 later.

We had a busy night in the bar, and i forgot all about my promise. My fault sure, but just as i'm finally dropping off to sleep, with Bee wrapped round me for the first time in 2 weeks, i heard a knock at the door. At first i thought i was dreaming, but there was another, louder knock, and a voice calling out "Jim". I stumbled out of bed, and there was this same girl (who i won't name) at the door. She asked if she could "borrow me" 1500 Baht. FFS! Its 6am, the sun's coming up, and i need to sleep!
How could i refuse? I owed her 1,000 anyway, and i had had the most amazing session with her. She came up with some bullshit story about having to send her mum the money immediately, or the house would be repossessed.
Why hadn't she come to the bar and asked me? Its not as though she doesn't know where i am! Or a phone call during "normal" hours? For God's sake!

So, 3 things have come out of this:
1) Always pay them in full;
2) Always pay them on time;
3) Don't answer the door in the middle of the fucking night!

Thank you for listening. Now perhaps i can get some sleep!
Goodnight/ Good bloody morning!

#2 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

It seems the worst part of this was her timing. 6am shows no respect for anyone trying to sleep.

She may have been playing cards all night & her friends demanded she get the money immediately.

The older a debt gets in LOS, the less chance of recovery. And the 500 baht would be considered interest on the loan.

But it was better to pay her than have her ambush you with a stiletto heel attack later. Thais have a violent attitude in regards justice.

When it comes to farangs that is. A heel in the head is considered OK for a simple snub or someone telling them to "fuck off".

And don't forget the Thai word for loan is the same word they use for gift. Expecting any Thai to honour a debt against a farang is simply fanciful. It won't happen.

It MAY happen if you are a good customer & the girl wants to prove she has a good heart. But for large sums, you can go whistle.

You did the right thing Jimbo, maintained your personal integrity & safe guarded yourself against attack.

Though expecting them to conduct themselves sensibly by approaching you during normal business hours is wishful thinking. You know what they're like. Loopy.

#3 coletrickle

coletrickle
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

paccers are you a "violence" fetishist?

you always talk about it 8)

just asking .
i swear to god i thought he was a girl :-)

#4 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

Now, i went with an LB last night (Songkran) for some of the most energetic and disgusting sex i've ever had. It was truly awesome

...I'm sorry Jimbo, did you say something else?

:yumm:
Nix

#5 pacman

pacman
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

just asking .

If the cap fits, I'll wear it.

The barscene in Pattaya last year was a very violent place & I have no qualms about reminding people what can happen if they forget their manners & do something stupid.

Over 36 years & dozens of trips, I mainly only witnessed farang on farang fights, the Thais were mostly polite & reserved. That changed last year with the low-LOW season following on from the low-HIGH season as a result of the GFC.

Thais attacking Thais, Thais attacking farangs, it was on for young & old & I was quite fearful during my third month of my extended stay. One girl from EZY Bar would scream at me that if she saw me again.. "you die for sure".

I had never spoken to her but it was typical of the anger that so many girls had towards farangs. One particularly unsavoury character used to sit outside my hotel on his motorbike every night. I knew him from previous visits. When he wouldn't answer my question as to what he was doing these days I asked his old boss.

He was a thug for hire. His weapon of choice? A billiard ball that he could use to cave in a skull. If you hold it & hit someone hard enough, it left a large indent.

"Charming" was my response. Apparently he had recently killed someone in this very fashion. And the cost? 500 baht! A bargain really...

I can go on, I have more stories but I think I made my point.

#6 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

jimbo, i am a bit short at the moment, can you send me some money.
i am really struggling at the moment, i have to pay the vet to help my pet gold fish.
i will pm you my bank details, cheers.

#7 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

The barscene in Pattaya last year was a very violent place & I have no qualms about reminding people what can happen if they forget their manners & do something stupid.

They should all take a leaf out of your book Paccers, as you are undoubtedly the 'yardstick' when it comes to diplomacy & etiquette. :D

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#8 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

just asking .

If the cap fits, I'll wear it.

One girl from EZY Bar would scream at me that if she saw me again.. "you die for sure".

Upset her then did you Paccers :lol:

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#9 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:33 PM

jimbo, i am a bit short at the moment, can you send me some money.
i am really struggling at the moment, i have to pay the vet to help my pet gold fish.
i will pm you my bank details, cheers.

Money finnit, solly! I gave it to lady at 6am yesterday morning. If you send me a text message next time....

#10 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: , you bad jim :lol:

#11 Ivor Biggun

Ivor Biggun
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Him cheep Chahlee, kee niao mak. Him no gib me manee fo lent when I call this avva nun :tantrum: :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci