• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5215 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

A New Year, and a new thread.

The 2010 thread had 328,000 views ! Quite amazing. Some of those viewers transferred to being customers, and i thank you all for your support last year.

Financially, we had such an amazing start, that we managed an increase in volume of 8.8% and were, once again, able to double our dividend.
However, the final 5 months of the year all finished in minus figures compared to 2009, and i fear that trend will continue for the first half of 2011. With the (western) world still unable to get to grips with its finacial crisis, the ability of tourists to be able to come to the far-flung areas of the world is going to be severely tested, and doesn't bode well for the bar trade in Thailand.
It beats me why the thais don't 'get it', and stop building masses of new bar complexes, along with every Tom, Dick, and Harry shoving up guesthouses and hotels!! It'll hopefully, catch up with them in the end, but the damage it'll inflict on decent existing businesses is going to be colossal.

I hope you all manage to survive your own individual financial stresses, and are able to make it to our lovely island. I look forward to welcoming you at C & Ds.

#2 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just a few pics from last night, with the real photo-opportunity coming up tonight with the event that the girls are all so excited about : Miss C & D 2011 !

Attached Files

#3 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

You have summed up the situation in a nutshell. The business volume does not justify the new bars and hotels springing up. Hopefully, the western world economics will change for the better and the flow of customers will increase.

To do my little bit, I am in Phuket on the 7th, with C&D as my HQ. It's been almost three years since my last trip and it's about time i revisited. I am basically a GG fan but Phuket is pure LB oriented :rock:

#4 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

Ohhh, and here's wishing you a Happy New Year. May 2011 be a far better year than 2010. :tada:

#5 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

Good Idea Jimbo.....a new year = a new thread :rock:

You have really captured Patricia looking quite magnificent in your second post wearing the hat :love:
It's interesting because some times, in stark contrast she is looking like a 70's starving refugee heading for one of those camps on the Thai/Cambodian border :?

#6 CL

CL
  • Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

A super 2011 to you, Ning Nong and the ladies! Looking forward to tonight and many visits this year, be well, be cool, CL

#7 teecee

teecee
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Sorry didnt notice new thread. so here it is again....

Hi there Jimbo, just to wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year, was cooking most of the time but raised a glass to you all at the toll of midnight your time, meant an early start to the bubbly , was thrilled to see the two pics of the divine Bee in the last of the old thread to whom you refered as such a babe, sadly she is one of my lifetime unattained goals, still move on..
I will be out in march and april so i really cant wait. hope you will be packed to the cieling for the high season. a bit scary for us old guys at that time . too much competition. in the dark days of winter my thoughts are there a lot, love to Ning Nong as ever TIM C

#8 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

All the very best for 2011 for yourself, Ning Nong and all your lovely ladies..... :clapclap:

Here's to the best bar on the Island... :cheers:

Long may it continue... :D
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#9 teecee

teecee
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:56 AM

Hi all just a point of interest.
I had my first ladyboy in Bangkok on a visit by ship, LSL Sir Galahad, on which I was a navigator (of Falkland Islands fame) in 1968. Honestly, I didn't know that she was a LB until the hotel room.. I thought, dont knock it until you have tried it, have not looked back since then ... anybody go back further than that?

Also, first stayed in Patong in 1988 in the hotel over the bridge at the south end of the beach, forgotten the name ... sure I met a young english guy called Jimbo there :D
At that time, Lb's were treated rather like rabid dogs and the guys like me who sought them out the same, compared to now where they are considered rather cool and a bit trendy. Example on my birthday a few years ago i took Ming, Jenny and my beloved Toi(who is at uni in Khon Kean reading English and Thai Law) to the Boathouse where they were treated with the greatest respect if not a little awe.
Even in the late 90'S they would not have got through the door. Long may thier rise to equality in society continue. They have bought me more joy and (it has to be said) a bit of pain, than any genetic girl in any part of the world..

#10 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

teecee , thank you for that, very interesting. I hope you don't mind but I made a few changes to your post for easier reading.

#11 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:45 AM

Hey Jim

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! Your candid responses to our queries and picture posts are much appreciated. Here's to a record breaking 2011- cheers!

#12 hartmut

hartmut
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

Hope you have a Great New Year, will be there Feb 10 and will bring some marmalade for you. Again best wishes for a great year. :D
No Matter where you are or have been, You are Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci