Anyone into guitars?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

Over the years I've collected a fair few guitars...been a pleasure but now due to circumstance (storage) they have to go.....

it's actually nice to see them online and though I will miss them I shall always treasure passing them on having hugged them for a few years....

A bit like Kate really.... :blush:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/w...=STRK:MESELX:IT
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#2 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

All guitars have a tale to tell....the one on the left was ex Tom Petty and I actually seen him play it live in Dusseldorf 1982....

The other was gifted to the Road Crew from the Mahogany Rush Tour of UK in 1979....

I picked them up somewhere along the way....... :whistle: ;-)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#3 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:18 AM

One recent sell was this 1966 beautiful Gibson EB2 bass...very unusual and in mint condition....

Bought from a spotty bespectacled youth at Euston station in 1990....

Attached Files

#4 Guest_Pat Tire_*

Guest_Pat Tire_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

I'm sure they won't be difficult to shift...I know a couple of guys who collect those instruments. One of them travels all over the UK & US looking to add to his collection.

#5 scottiej23

scottiej23
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

I'd love that EB2. I have and use an Epiphone Rivoli (amongst other things) as my weapon of choice.
Now 3.48% smarter, but 14.82% less interesting.

#6 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

As they were made side by side when Gibson took over Epiphone the only difference was cosmetic or finish....

Wish I'd bought more of them when they were unfashionable and cheap!

8)

#7 samcro

samcro
  • Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hey Petesie, do you you play or just collect ??????

I have met a few BM'S who are musically minded and talented and it would be so cool if we could take over the Blues Factory off Walking St one night, load the bar with cold beers and fill the place with hot LB'S and take over the stage with a 30 min set of classics......

Donnykey, myself on vocals.... Automorph on keys any other BM'S out there with hidden talent ?????

Samcro
Live to ride, ride to live.

#8 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

I think my band days are over ...as now the only Guitar I am into is the GITAR at Blue Dragon. :lol:

Cheers DK
Oh so happy when in LOS

#9 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

Another couple of my faves were these 2 1982 Gibson Modernes....only 166 made and I had 2...

The cream one was ex Big Country....

Attached Files

#10 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:10 PM

My EB2 and a beautiful mint condition Epiphone Rivira 12 string...bought from a country mansion in Gloucestershire from a well too do gent in 1992..... :tada:

Attached Files

#11 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

3 old pals were sold this week....

My 2 Rickenbacher double necks have gone to a good home...I did stipulate that it took me 3 years to bring them together as they were so rare that they should only be sold as a pair...so hopefully they will go to someone who cherishes them as much as I did.....

My Gibson 1966 335-12 string went too....bought from a lay-by meet up somewhere in Wiltshire in the early 90's.....

Attached Files

#12 soulboy

soulboy
  • Members
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Never seen that bass and lead combo Rickenbacher before Petesie , rare indeed .

Did Geddy Lee really own it ? I'm sure that would be worth big bucks .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci