Thai Baht..... Exchange Rate.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#13 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

As all things in life, things will fall back to the middle where they exist and make the most sense. An inflated real estate market is the first sign that a bubble is going to burst. Let's face it, tourism is Thailand's biggest industry and it will always be that way. Time will balance things out. :tada:

#14 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

#15 Surin Nix

Surin Nix
  • Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Sweet&Wild,

Totally disagree with your appraisal of the Thai economy.
The Thai currency is artificially inflated and that is a fact. They are wrecking their own economy. The baht is above what it should be and the rest of Asia believes this. It will readjust and I for one will wait and take advantage of it when it occurs.

Man, I hope you are right Putytat. I'm tired of my currency being so beaten down worldwide......and now in Thailand. Geez.....

Nix
Nix

#16 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:30 AM

Let's face it, tourism is Thailand's biggest industry and it will always be that way. Time will balance things out. :tada:

It isn't officially the biggest industry. But I doubt the sex trade money gets counted in that total.

(2008)
Automobiles and Automotive parts (11%)
Financial Services (9%)
Electric appliances and components (8%)
Tourism (6%)
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#17 Guest_pandemonium_*

Guest_pandemonium_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

they way the uk pound is the now, anything above 45 i am grateful for, as not so long ago it was nearing the very low 40's

#18 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I think you're right pandomonium - the pound,dollar, and euro are not going to get stronger any time soon.
Sorry Putytat, i agree about thai arrogance and corruption, but it is STILL in better shape than western economies.
You'd better get used to these rates, OR WORSE !

#19 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

I can only tell words from the streets of Korat (downtown Korat is mostly pro hi-so and against reds) that are not very positive about the future... sooner or later reds will return. And next time they won’t just cause some fires around Bangkok and provincial capitals… Let's all enjoy while we still can and do what Thai people do, they just don’t care since this brings them headache…

BR

#20 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

Because of some pesky Island nation the Euro is going to take a hammering over the next few months. :redcard: Hopefully the Thailand continue trying to prevent the influx of money into the country! :blush:
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#21 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:47 AM

Thank you , Ireland! :redcard:
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#22 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thank you , Ireland! :redcard:

You can blame Merkel for bringing this forward. We were good for another 6 months :lol:
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#23 Alaskan Bear

Alaskan Bear
  • Members
  • 740 posts
  • LocationAnchorage , Alaska

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

current US to THAI BAHT 1-30

GOOD PLACE TO LOOK. http://coinmill.com/
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

General George Patton Jr

#24 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

current US to THAI BAHT 1-30

GOOD PLACE TO LOOK. http://coinmill.com/

This is perhaps a slightly better place to get the real rates on the street at various banks. Still a bit shy of 30:1 today but it has improved lately.

http://bankexchanger...et/default.aspx
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci