Ghosts or.....???

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

I was chatting to a LB I know yesterday on MSN messenger and I asked her how was her day. She is quite religious and she said she was very tired. I asked why and she replied that she had to help some people "kill" two ghosts and it had been very tiring. She said she had to help these people because it was her religious duty.

Now only that I have been to Los a lot, I would have found this statement odd if not outright weird. I have had a few experience where the person I have been with has had a ghost experience in my presence (no jokes guys lol).

I am presuming some of you guys have had similar experiences. So what is going on here? Is Thailand a nation with a mass hallucination mind set for things spiritual, or are they in touch with something more primeval and fundamental in nature that we from the West have long since lost contact with?
We laugh because it is true.

#2 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:10 AM

On my New Year's trip I spent good portion of my time helping X find amulet that will be compatible with her, we talked to one LB from Sally's who knew girl who has something just right for her (but of course she forgot to go to her). After we stopped to every street stall from Wat Po to Royal Palace to search for this amulet but form many hundreds of them none was just right for her spirit She found it many days later with help of her mother... All this fuss for some small second or third hand piece of glass and fake gold… But up to her. :angel:

BR

#3 jimbo34

jimbo34
  • Members
  • 9,813 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

They love to believe in all that black magic shit - just look at their tv and cinema
! Very superstitious, believing in their dreams, having their cards read etc etc. I :loco: t all harks back to the jungle.

#4 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

They love to believe in all that black magic shit - just look at their tv and cinema
! Very superstitious, believing in their dreams, having their cards read etc etc. I :loco: t all harks back to the jungle.

Like anyone who has been to Los for any length of time and has observed their behavior first hand, I would fully agree with you there Jimbo they are extremely superstitious. On more than one occasion as I staggered home up Pattaya Tai I spotted various LBs from WS sitting on a mat having their fortune told.

But with the ghost thing, some have said they actually see the spirit, all with a straight face and in full sincerity. I never pushed them on it, as it seemed it could possibly cause more hassle than it was worth and also some awkwardness if I was to question their eyesight and beliefs..

#5 Hoot

Hoot
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

One cultural sensitivity class coming up.... :lol:

But with the ghost thing, some have said they actually see the spirit, all with a straight face and in full sincerity.

I would think they are more comfortable having and sharing the experience, as spirits and ghosts are an accepted part of the Thai culture. They wouldn't be looked on as a nut job for having the experience like most westerners obviously would. But I think a lot more westerners believe in ghosts than we might expect...

I mean there at least 3 or 4 shows on in the States revolving around ghosts, finding ghosts, sharing ghost encounters, and haunted houses or buildings. One is a show on called 'celebrity ghost stories' or something like that. A lot of famous celebrities going on TV to recount their encounters with ghosts... I would never of thought they'd be able to fill a weekly show with people that honestly believed they saw a ghost. It makes me wonder how many other people believe they saw one just don't tell anyone about it.

And think about those who don't believe in God and the Bible, they might contend most Christians and other religious groups are superstitious twits following make believe stories about some imaginary being. As with most things - what is acceptable and true depends on your perspective...my lust for ladyboy's being one of them.

#6 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hoot wrote:

most Christians and other religious groups are superstitious twits following make believe stories about some imaginary being.

Couldn't agree more. :angel:

#7 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

#8 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

On driving car and spirits… X aunt bought brand new Honda City for at least 600.000 THB and the minute she bought it she draw some golden stripes and shapes on the roof carpet and… put giant Buddha statue in front of rev gauge even though car has manual gears :lol: .

Needles to say I sure wouldn’t do it in farangland and I would lose a fortune trying to sell so damaged car but… up to her. :angel:

BR

#9 donnykey

donnykey
  • Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:16 PM

Here is a funny but true story before I depart tomorrow. I know how superstisious Thais are and they treat a lot of experiences as bringing them very bad luck.

A few years ago a mate and I were requested to scatter a recently departed mate's ashes off the old Pattaya pier. We did this and on the way back we had an idea . Let's fill the Urn (which was encased in a lovely box) with dirt/sand/stones and sticks and see what happens with our idea.

Well we sat with the Urn on a seat in Royal Garden Plaza. After a while we got up and left leaving the Urn on the seat on purpose. Finding a hiding spot to watch it took about a minute for this Thai couple to purloin the Urn and hi-tail it out of there. Of course we followed and after a while they stopped at the northern end of the beach to open their "PRIZE" thinking of course they had something expensive from some stupid Farangs.

Well you had to see their reaction when they saw the contents. The girl started screaming and the bloke threw the Urn to the shithouse.
I think they expected some very bad luck was coming their way.

Cheers DK

P.S. You had to be there. :D
Oh so happy when in LOS

#10 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:59 PM

Here is a funny but true story before I depart tomorrow. I know how superstisious Thais are and they treat a lot of experiences as bringing them very bad luck.

A few years ago a mate and I were requested to scatter a recently departed mate's ashes off the old Pattaya pier. We did this and on the way back we had an idea . Let's fill the Urn (which was encased in a lovely box) with dirt/sand/stones and sticks and see what happens with our idea.

Well we sat with the Urn on a seat in Royal Garden Plaza. After a while we got up and left leaving the Urn on the seat on purpose. Finding a hiding spot to watch it took about a minute for this Thai couple to purloin the Urn and hi-tail it out of there. Of course we followed and after a while they stopped at the northern end of the beach to open their "PRIZE" thinking of course they had something expensive from some stupid Farangs.

Well you had to see their reaction when they saw the contents. The girl started screaming and the bloke threw the Urn to the shithouse.
I think they expected some very bad luck was coming their way.

Cheers DK

P.S. You had to be there. :D

It's amazing what you can get up to with a few hours to spare in Patts. Good tale DK.

#11 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

On my New Year's trip I spent good portion of my time helping X find amulet that will be compatible with her, we talked to one LB from Sally's who knew girl who has something just right for her (but of course she forgot to go to her). After we stopped to every street stall from Wat Po to Royal Palace to search for this amulet but form many hundreds of them none was just right for her spirit She found it many days later with help of her mother... All this fuss for some small second or third hand piece of glass and fake gold… But up to her. :angel:

BR

For a moment I thought you were talking about something else. See here

#12 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci