Photo

Any info on building a house in Isaan gents??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

Guys, I was after some advice or information that any of you had regarding building a house in the Isaan area, more specificly Roi-Et.

I have been privvy to this subject before but it was taken care of by someone else.

I am looking at anything from land costs to choosing a style and obviously the costs involved.

I know it's a long shot but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Cheers lads :angel:

#2 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

My only suggestion is that you have a local project manager take care of the purchasing and payments as being a western cash cow everyone will try their very best to rip you off.

#3 Guest_CT8982_*

Guest_CT8982_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:21 PM

For a nice one, running water & electric around 10k gbp.
Isaan style half it.
I'll ask when back at work buddy as I know someone who has done it. Plus try get a contact for you.

CT

#4 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

I know about building house in Korat but... it will probably cost you even less in northern Isaan so I think this would help...

1 rai of land (cca 1600m2 I think) that will be enough to build yourself 3-4 room house will cost you around 300 - 500.000 THB or less, this was price for piece of land with running watter and electricity nearby in Korat. It can go up to 1.000.000 if spot is really ok or you can get this for free from family, up to your only :) ...

to build 3-4 room house it will cost you from 500.000 to 700.000 THB, for pre.built house you could pay less (maybe one half of brick-built house) but quality of pre-built houses in Thailand is.. shite. Go to some local farnag builder and ask him for help... at least in Korat there are many farnags and are much better option than finding local Thai craftsman.

You could probably end up better if you buy already built house or even better, buy condo. I hope you know you can not legally own land but can legally own condo under certain conditions.. and if I were you I would buy condo. 8)

BR

#5 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

#6 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

Now remind me again putytat - why is it that you don't have a Thai partner? :D

#7 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Cheers for the info putytat.

Lots to think about with a new build, but also will look around at estate agent as well for ones already up. This is something that will take some time to decide about as it's not something I wanna do every day.. lol

Cheers lads.

#8 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

#9 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Oh I intend on doing just that mate, in fact I might not bother at all...

#10 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

Listen to sound words of Mr. putytat. As a lawyer I can only say, you can never be to careful and... always invest only as much money in Thailand (and other countries where you are not 100% sure of local legal system) as you are prepared to loose next second.

SLBT, I know one good colleague lawyer from Isaan, if you need him just send me PM.

BR

#11 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

Thanks Robi, If I decide to go ahead with it I'll give you a buzz mate

#12 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:46 PM