Gyms in Pattaya

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:33 AM

I am looking to train this time when over, had a look at the gym off Second Road Hollywood and it was well pricey about £40 a week or something...

Anyone know a good gym you can pay as you go?

#2 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:52 AM

Tony has 4 locations ranging from 220 baht per day for their big facilty on 3rd Road to 69 baht on Soi Buchkauo.

#3 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

Thanks, they anygood?

#4 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

The facilities are good IMO but Tony changed the rules retroactively regarding membership freezes which are important to many farangs that don^t live here 12 months a year.

Two are on on 3rd Road. One is in the Arab quarter near Walking Street and the other on Soi Buckhou.

Some people like California Wow at the Avenue Mall which is very convenient for people staying at Pattaya Bay Resort but am not sure what their daily rate is, I suppose that is the Hollywood Gym you mention.

#5 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:40 AM

thanks dude, california is like £20 a day otherwise £40 a week or something, way too much... I pay £20 a month in UK so I can't pay more in LOS lol

#6 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

I've used Hardbody Gym in Jomtien the past few trips. I can't remember the weekly or monthly costs but it's 190bt daily.
Not a fancy gym by any stretch of the imagination but I like it. And it's just round the corner from Sally Bar.

#7 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:20 AM

200 baht or so is a fair price, just can't face paying £20 a week or so when you only really use it a few times on hols

#8 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

i used hardbody gym also with redrock.
soi3 jontiem.
although he has got the price wrong.
it is 85 baht per day. add on a bottle of water and a towel hire, and it is 98 baht.
one month is 1000baht.
6000 baht for one year.
proper hard core old school gym. 3 levels , no air-con, only fans.

there is also a couple more smaller old school gyms on third rd.
if they are still there.
always very empty, but then they would be on the same road as tonys.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#9 redrock

redrock
  • Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

Oops. Yeah, 85bt. Well worth it.

#10 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

There are a few similar gyms to hardbody on 3rd road and one on Soi Buakao (turn right as you head out soi Diana), all simple, old school and reasonably priced.

California Wow is the big flashy gym inside the Avenue shopping centre. It's big. modern and with all the equipment. I took a months membership last year for 2000, but they don't seem to have a price list, you just have to haggle with the 'membership manager', and seeing as everywhere in Pattaya is struggling, I'm sure you could get a good price for a week or two. They'll also give you a free trial day if you ask.

If I join a gym again it will be the Tony's gym 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai. They have all the equipment you need + tennis courts and nice pool. 200 bht a time, but discounts if you pay for a week/month/year.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#11 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

I like to swim laps - any monger friendly hotels with pools big enough (at least 25m) for that?

#12 SwineCanine

SwineCanine
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

If I join a gym again it will be the Tony's gym 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai. They have all the equipment you need + tennis courts and nice pool. 200 bht a time, but discounts if you pay for a week/month/year.

This gym is open 24 hours but the pool closes at 11PM. Tennis court has an extra fee, not sure how much. The pool is really nice and you might be the only one in the pool at 10PM.

Tony^s pricing is such that the daily and yearly are good deals but anything in between is not so good. So it used to be that u could buy a yearly and then freeze it for long periods of time but that has changed.

Right now, it is 6000 a year for 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai if you are currently or previously a member or if u are a member of some other gym, not sure if it has to be in Thailand. So it might make sense to bring your gym card from home. If u are a member of that more expensive branch u can use all the other Tony gyms for free.

Tony is the only gym I^ve seen where u can buy beer and cigarettes. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci