Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

250 quid for a "roofer" PEANUTS.... :lol: :lol:

Cheers DK
Oh so happy when in LOS

#26 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

i can see that 500 baht a day, oh yes you would have a great time.

#27 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

I'm with SC, if you're in Pattaya for 2 months it's a totally different game to the 2 week millionaire. The pressure is off, there's not countdown to home time, and you have more time to appreciate the place and people a little better.

You'll want to take nights off (through choice not through budget), ie spend the day at the beach, visit the markets, watch a movie, go out for a nice meal, or just relax by the pool and read a book.

You'd be surpised how little you spend when you're not chasing ladyboys and drinking in the bars.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#28 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

I'm with SC, if you're in Pattaya for 2 months it's a totally different game to the 2 week millionaire. The pressure is off, there's not countdown to home time, and you have more time to appreciate the place and people a little better.

You'll want to take nights off (through choice not through budget), ie spend the day at the beach, visit the markets, watch a movie, go out for a nice meal, or just relax by the pool and read a book.

You'd be surpised how little you spend when you're not chasing ladyboys and drinking in the bars.

I can more than just second that. In Pattaya you can spend ridiculously small amount of money if you don’t behave like obsessed drinking two week millionaire. Food is cheap, trip to Koh Lahn also and if you stay out of bars or you go there and don’t pay ladydrinks to everyone like there is no tomorrow… you can easily be way below 1000 THB per day number.

BR

#29 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

i would stay for two months since monthly rentals are so cheap. lodging should cost about the same whether 6 weeks or 8 weeks. those two extra weeks can include some quiet days and nights say spending 500 baht per day while watching telly, going to beach etc.

Words of wisdom above from the guy who knows and understands more about the Pattaya (read Thailand) scene than many will learn in a lifetime.

In fact, those words are so wise I will be doing the very same thing myself (albeit for 3 months, I hope) over the New Year period.

One of the best aspects of extended time spent in Thailand is taking it easy and unloading all the responsibilities and troubles of home for as long as possible. Not getting pissed up every night to the point of not being capable of shagging the chosen victim you stumbled home with.

For many, time off from paid-work may be the central issue, but save up enough and spend several months there at a time and you will soon realise the pleasures of pacing yourself.

SwineCanine is the long-stay king with a wealth of knowledge on how to maximise your funds and keep you out of farangland for as long as possible. He is a major asset to any forum.

Listen and learn 8)

Meum cerebrum nocet

#30 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

Horses for courses and I do appreciate the wisdom behind extended stays.....as you say....it's all about pace.... 8)

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work and lifestyle I can only manage a 2 week hit at a time.....I'd love it to be more but thats the way it is for most BM's, lurkers and posters alike.... ;-)

If my circumstances alter I may be up for a longer stay in LoS and then advice provided by learned members such as I find on this fine Forum will be gratefully received.... :shake:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#31 Bumblebee

Bumblebee
  • Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:17 AM

When you are there for an extended stay it can be easy enough to have an enjoyable day on 500. The room is already paid for. Have some Thai food, or even try one of the farang food buffet specials dotted around town which are always a good deal. Then you can have a relaxing evening in Pattaya Beer Garden with some friends and drink a few reasonable beers. As noted there is no pressure to go full on every day. It's all about pacing yourself.
We laugh because it is true.

#32 Guest_CT8982_*

Guest_CT8982_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

Horses for courses and I do appreciate the wisdom behind extended stays.....as you say....it's all about pace.... 8)

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work and lifestyle I can only manage a 2 week hit at a time.....I'd love it to be more but thats the way it is for most BM's, lurkers and posters alike.... ;-)

If my circumstances alter I may be up for a longer stay in LoS and then advice provided by learned members such as I find on this fine Forum will be gratefully received.... :shake:

i second that Petesie

CT ™

#33 larrylarry

larrylarry
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:49 AM

Wanted to bring this post back up. It seemed to go a bit on a tangent about the virtues of pacing ones self on a longer stay but I was wondering about the original topic of Xmas flights.

I am leaving from US (NYC). I would like to go from about Dec 15th to about Dec 29th. I have watched the prices steadily rise the last few weeks from about 1500.00US to close to 2000.00US for the cheapest fares. Yeah I know It would have been great to have gotten the tickets at the cheaper rate a month ago but unfortunately due to some uncertain personal circumstances I didn't feel comfortable making the commitment. Even now I will have to wait a few more weeks before I will know for sure.

So my question is to those in the know whats the best way to find the cheapest fare so late in the game? Does anyone know any good websites for flights from the US? (most of the ones I see here are UK based) I look at the usual suspects, travelocity, kayak, and orbiz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci