too difficult to download

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:31 AM

I just unsubscribed. It was way too tedious to download files. Clicking on each thumbnail and waiting for the picture to load was very slow.

Saying that what you call "spiders" -- downloading programs that are much faster and more efficient than web browsers -- makes it more difficult for "regular" surfers is false. Such programs actually reduce bandwidth.

If you are concerned with bandwidth and the ability of your subscribers to access your site, then you should make the content available compressed as zip files. Not by increasing traffic and making things slower -- that is backwards thinking.

So I do not see the point in deliberately making it more difficult to download content. You should makes things as easy and convenient as possible for those who support your site. Apparently, you would rather waste both our money and our time.

This site has some great content. Unfortunately, too few people -- including your own subscribers -- are ever going to see it.

#2 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:57 AM

Thank you so much for your input and suggestions, we working hard on daily basis to improve the site and make it more easy and usable for the members, we do realise that without your support we cant progress. The other issue is that we are UK based company and it is appear to be slow a bit for US customers, but let me assure you the we'll have mirror servers in US very soon. Please feel free to bring more suggestions or comments, we really want to hear your and other members opinions.

Team at LB-69

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci