Thai Holiday

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mutley

mutley
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:38 AM

I'm gagging to go to Thailand have been many times before. But is it a no go at the moment ??? with the British embassy closed and all

#2 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

I've just returned...and buddies are still there...

No sign of any bother in the usual haunts....just Bangers....this current crisis should end fairly shortly...soon to develop into yet another one... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#3 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

Starting a fresh thread on the subject might unearth something the other threads have yet failed to reveal.

Excellent idea! :?

Meum cerebrum nocet

#4 Guest_CT8982_*

Guest_CT8982_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:01 AM

DC you should make a podcast buddy, your charm and wit always makes me smile even when im at the brunt of it, hope to meet you one day in sin city and buy you a beer :clapclap:

CT ™

#5 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

I'm gagging to go to Thailand have been many times before.

I usually don't gag until I get to Thailand. :D :clapclap:
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#6 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:57 AM

The closure of the British Embassy would have no impact on whether or not you can visit Thailand.

What may impact your decision is that any travel medical insurance won't cover you if you spent time in any area that was a not recommended to travel area - from what I understand that would be Bangkok and a few of the Northern Provinces.

#7 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

Just review your packing checklist before you leave;

Toothbrush
Sunscreen
Mosquito Repellant
Condoms
Bulletproof Vest
AK 47

Seriously though things in Bangkok have really deteriorated in the last 48 hours or thereabouts.

Whilst we are usually very dismissive of all the protests and their impact on our holiday plans & mongering activities, the situation in Bangkok is not looking pretty.

Catching a stray bullet is a real possibility 'if' you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Providing you keep out of the trouble zones, you'd probably be oblivious to what is unfolding.

As Rxpharm says, it would be useful to review your travel insurance and check the 'fine print'.
They are brilliant at writing exclusions into these documents.

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#8 thailover57

thailover57
  • Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

State of Emergency was declared in 15 other provinces including Chonburi (Pattaya). A sad situation. I hope they can come out of this with some sense of normalcy.

#9 mutley

mutley
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

I was more just worried about travel insurance. I was gonna go to Pattaya anyway . I would imagine Phukett is very busy with all the Bother in the North

#10 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

I was more just worried about travel insurance. I was gonna go to Pattaya anyway.

The likelihood is that travel insurance is void for Thailand right now, best checking with your insurer for accuracy.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#11 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:57 AM

I was more just worried about travel insurance. I was gonna go to Pattaya anyway.

The likelihood is that travel insurance is void for Thailand right now, best checking with your insurer for accuracy.

thats a very good point DC something we should all be aware of especially if our respective governments have warn against travelling to Thailand

and with the closure of many embassies this is now very real for all of us

pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#12 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

Well,me myself working in the travel industry are so often amazed how many people actually travelling around without any incurance coverage at all..
Its just not now for example during the current criminal situation in BKK..- its in general Im talking about. Its like people dont expect anything to happend in life at all..
What if the taxi you use for the transport get hit or crash,what if you slip on your way up from the swimming pool etc..what if you end up in hospital..stranger things have happend..right! It just amaze me.

During the tsunami for example..there are statistics saying that about 45% of the tourists affected did not even have a regular "home insurance",they couldent pay their bills for the aftermath..transports,hospital bills etc..ffs..Western people are so damn spoild..they obviously think the gouvernments will fix it all..?!
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci