• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#25 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:19 AM

i agree brit.
another crarfty one is hiding a 100 note under a 20 in the flap in the black folder, hoping you will take the loose notes, leave the 20 but not notice the 100.
crarfty barstards.

it costs 10 baht to park a moped at dongtan beach.
on my first day, i gave 20, she gave me ten 1 baht loose coins as change with a smile.
now normally, we all leave the small coins in the room in an ash tray or something.
but not this time,
for the next 7 weeks, i put 10 loose 1 baht coins in my pocket for the parking , and handed them to her everyday with a smile.
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#26 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Your the bastard that ensures she only has 1 baht coins when I visit...

Just kidding - a good idea to carry change. You buy a beer for 80 baht and they give you back 20 - they expect 25% tip for one beer - good deal - for the bar.

I usually keep 10 Baht coins in an old plastic film container just so I can tip 10 (12.5%) rather than 20 (25%). They already make 50 baht profit on the beer so enough is enough.

Usually in a bar at Happy Hour I leave more.

When you live here those 1 baht coins come in handy for topping up water bottles...

#27 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

Good grief, some people have the art of being a cheap-charlie down to such a fine degree with all their pre-prepared 1baht coins and coin containers etc. :lol:

The fundamental rules are obvious, the rest is common sense.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#28 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Goes back to my boy scout days - be prepared.

10Baht coins are useful - Tips and Baht buses try giving your 1000 or 100 Baht note when he has no change.

I am sure as hell not tipping 25% - even in the US that would be ridiculous

Common sense really

#29 eslmiker

eslmiker
  • Members
  • 1,996 posts
  • Locationthe Land of Sand

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

for the next 7 weeks, i put 10 loose 1 baht coins in my pocket for the parking , and handed them to her everyday with a smile.

:clapclap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clapclap:

#30 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

Good grief, some people have the art of being a cheap-charlie down to such a fine degree with all their pre-prepared 1baht coins and coin containers etc. :lol:

The fundamental rules are obvious, the rest is common sense.

It's slightly different than back here in UK. Most places in UK do give 'correct' change... but in Thailand if you look into the silver tray you think "why the heck did they split that note up" ... theres no genuine reason and is actually more effort for them - and its for the explicit reason of hoping you just leave the coins and take the notes.

Its the devious nature that annoys me rather than the monitary value.

I tend to get disappointed in human nature when i see that kinda behaviour. I'd prefer they behaved themselves and i would just leave the coins and perhaps notes also. I guess i'm a 20 baht tipper on average for basic stuff... rising to 100 baht for exception service... more for P4P obviously.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#31 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm sure when I first went to LoS over 20 years ago most hotels and restuarants had a no tipping policy.....

I'm hard nosed these days (with a soft centre) and give reward where it is due not because it is expected or demanded.... :redcard:
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#32 Socrates999

Socrates999
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

... Sadly most banks/ATM only issue 1000 Baht notes so unless you have a burning desire to change one in a in a 711 then what can you do.....

Not really true. At ATM, just withdraw X,900 THB. You'll get x thousands, a 500 and 4 100s. It is very rare when they don't have 100s.

#33 Guest_Lord Lucan 888_*

Guest_Lord Lucan 888_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

icu

#34 hondawave

hondawave
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hi Pentire,

The intent of the post was a general warning about the games that are constantly being played here now are money is tight and farangs are rare.

As I live here, I would prefer not to publicly mention the name of the establishment.

ok i'll say it,was it pook bar soi6? well they got me anyway!!!! never to go back!!!

#35 BJguy

BJguy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

Pom Bar on Soi Chayapoon did it to me also. Ladyboy boss thought I was really drunk, but I wasn't--just a bad mood. The gg I just bar-fined was in on it, insisting I gave over 500. I went off to buy a V and some jimmy hats around the corner and said I'd be back.

On the way figured didn't want a lying skank like that anywhere around my stuff and the money was gone anyway even if I lost the bar fine. Came back around, pulled up next to the girl as she came over to get on the scooter and just said "See you". She protested and asked why. I just looked at her and said "You know." and drove off. I lost out on 500 + 300 bar fine. But she lost the 1000 I didn't have to worry about a petty theif in my room and she will probably have words with the boss. Great decision, I left with a smile knowing I punished her and slept well.

Funny thing is I was a regular drinker there when everything else was shut down around 4 AM. Was my first time bar-fining from there and now she'll never get my business again and I'm telling others. Boss saw me and had nerve to to curse at me when I jokingly said "me mad at you me no talk to you". She knows where I live and I'm still here so don't tell her you heard it until I leave in March ok?

#36 dill

dill
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

hi bj
sounds like you have had some bad expereinces this trip, first in nana and now, this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci