Original Branded Clothing?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi when i'm over in April I need to pick up some clothes and sunglasses, is there anywhere that sells original branded at a good price?

Or is that a dumb question lol

#2 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

ringspun

you didnt indicate where you would be spending most of your time.

if in bangkok

MBK centre has many copies of just about anything you can think of

across the road is the Siam Paragon which has many floors of original products

or try centralworld just down the road by Sky train

http://www.bangkok.c...mall/index.html

enjoy your shopping

cheers pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#3 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

ringspun

you didnt indicate where you would be spending most of your time.

if in bangkok

MBK centre has many copies of just about anything you can think of

across the road is the Siam Paragon has many floors of original products

or try centralworld just down the road by Sky train

http://www.bangkok.c...mall/index.html

enjoy your shopping

cheers pela

Thanks for reply, sorry Pattaya and BKK.. I have been to MBK before, but not sure if authentic clothes?

#4 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

I have been to MBK before, but not sure if authentic clothes?

just about everything in MBK is fake

try centralworld can't go wrong there if that is what you are looking for

in pattaya there is a new shopping mall cannot remember the name I dropped in there last November

it is full of originals too

cheer pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#5 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

thanks, defo only after originals enough fakes on ebay lol

#6 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

With the GB Pound Sterling approaching an all time low against the Thai Baht since it was devalued in 1997, there is currently precious little value in us Brits purchasing original items of clothing in Thailand.
Much better value on home turf these days.

#7 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

you probably right pentire! hope u keeping well, back out to Patts end of April!

#8 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

Pen Tire is spot on.

You'd get much better deal on designer gear and sunglasses, trawling through places like TKMaxx in the UK!

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#9 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:04 PM

TK MAXX here I come! :clapclap:

See you soon Kliome!

#10 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

If you still want to indulge yourself into shopping bonanza you can start in MBK walk over Siam Square BTS walkway and check Siam Square shopping centers (Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon), continue walking on shopping walkway from Siam Square to Chit Lom; extremely recommendable during rain season, last year it was my only daylight open air walk since it poured rain almost 24/7 every day. You’ll find CentralWorld, Gaysorn and few other smaller shopping malls.

All in all prices can be ok :angel: excluding crappy GBP/EUR rate :loco: . But on the other hand it is a great way to spend the day in Bangkok between non P4P population and food in Food Courts is great.

BR

#11 ringspun

ringspun
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

If you still want to indulge yourself into shopping bonanza you can start in MBK walk over Siam Square BTS walkway and check Siam Square shopping centers (Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon), continue walking on shopping walkway from Siam Square to Chit Lom; extremely recommendable during rain season, last year it was my only daylight open air walk since it poured rain almost 24/7 every day. You’ll find CentralWorld, Gaysorn and few other smaller shopping malls.

All in all prices can be ok :angel: excluding crappy GBP/EUR rate :loco: . But on the other hand it is a great way to spend the day in Bangkok between non P4P population and food in Food Courts is great.

BR

Thanks Robi, I am looking for a break during my stay lol, too much p2p last time!

I think im there same time, so might catch up... April 21st - May 3 Patts then BKK

#12 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

BR

Thanks Robi, I am looking for a break during my stay lol, too much p2p last time!

I think im there same time, so might catch up... April 21st - May 3 Patts then BKK

I'll be in BKK from 21.4. until 25.4. If you need any help or just care for a beer, I'll be arround. :angel:

BR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci