A New Bangkok Question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ragazzo

ragazzo
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

Hello all. I'm a regular browser, and new member, and I'm about to make my first trip to Bangkok.

I've had some action in the Philippines before now, and I've travelled a bit in China and Japan, but for some reason, I've never yet made it to the Land of Smiles.

I'm in the position where I can afford to bum around (no pun intended) Asia for a couple of months until my next work contract starts, providing I keep to a fairly modest budget.

My brother travelled around Thailand, and he told me you can find OK places to stay for about 500 baht. However, he doesn't know about my ladyboy intentions, and I think that the places he stayed in Bangkok were a little way outside the centre.

A lot of the places I've seen recommended here are in the 1500 - 2000+ baht a night range, which is a little expensive. Therefore, I would like a recommendation for a hotel in Bangkok up to about 1000 a night. I am not that fussy - all I need is a clean, secure, preferably air-conditioned, en-suite room, near to the Nana action, which is, of course, ladyboy friendly. No extras needed!

I saw that a few of you guys recommended the Ibis, but is there anything else?

Also, I'd love to meet up with some friendly, cool guys who know the scene, for some beers and fun!

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

#2 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:24 AM

IMHO there is usually a huge difference in quality between 1000 bht BKK room and a 1200-1500 bht room.

I've often stayed at the Top Inn and Everrich, which both offer decent rooms at 1200.

http://www.everrichi...om/qu_room.html

Regarding the recommendations list - I woudnt stay at at the Star Inn, just down the road, unless you are opting for their better rooms.

The Bangkok Inn advertises cheap rooms under 1000, and is in the heart of the late night action but I've never took the time to go in and investigate, I'm guessing it's pretty scarey in there - you really can't expect much for 1000 bht.

http://www.bangkok-inn.com/e/index.htm

Another two places which are a good example of what you get for 1000 bht are The Prommenade (soi 8) and The Ruamchit Plaza (Soi 13), both monger hotels in the heart of the action, both cheap, and both dumps..

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#3 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

#4 ragazzo

ragazzo
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:45 AM

Thanks for the tips, fellas. I guess I could stretch to 1200 if it means the difference between an OK room and a flea pit. I will certainly check out the places you both recommended. Perhaps the answer is just to book for a night or two, and if it's rough, move on!

As I said before, I'd really like to meet some guys in Bangkok or elsewhere (I plan to travel around) for beers, chats and mongering, so please drop me a line if you're interested!

#5 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:06 AM

If you're planning a longer stay why do so at a hotel. Better to rent an apartment. Can get a very decent place for about 20K a month.
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#6 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

I know Swiss guy where I stay in Pattaya (Swis Food hotel) rents decent looking condo in Bangkok.

BR

#7 ragazzo

ragazzo
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

Kliome, would the Top Inn be the one on Khao San Road?

They seem to do a double, air-conditioned room for 630 a night, which is very cheap!

#8 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

If you fancy doing any mongering than stay out of Backpackers hell named Khao San Road. I’ve been there just two months ago and it was as bad or even worst as before; crowded road full of »poor backpackers« with golden Mastercards … pretentious SOBs and nothing to do, nothing.

And other thing, Khao San Road is practically in the middle of nowhere so you have to use Taxi to go anywhere… and if you are lucky and come there in the evening just a short drive from crossing to the beginning of the road will take you like... ages. I was there with X and had no problem but I wouldn’t be extremely happy to take there my recent conquest from Nana. :angel:

BR

#9 ragazzo

ragazzo
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:46 AM

Thanks again. I've booked the Ever Rich for a few nights. I'm now arriving on Thursday 11th March if anyone wants to meet a newbie?

#10 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

They seem to do a double, air-conditioned room for 630 a night, which is very cheap!

No, the Top Inn I mean is on sukhumvit, next to the Majestic/Soi 4.

http://www.travbuddy...n-Hotel-v339179

It's around 1200, but good value for money and perfect location. I would avoid staying close to Koh San Road if you're interested in mongering.

Another option is Nap Inn. I've been recommended this place before and they do have rooms from 800-1000. Ideal location. It's been full every time I've been to take a look. I'd be interested to hear anyone elses opinion/experience of this place.

http://www.soidb.com...el/nap_inn.html

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#11 Noob

Noob
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

If u really wan to budget, you can get nice 1 BR apartments for just 10-12,000 a month but it wont be in nana, rather in sukhumvit 71. Which is about 10 minutes away from nana via BTS and about 20 minutes by cab.

You can also get studios for just 7,000 a month around thonglor - ekamai.

But if you're willing to pay 1,000 a night for extra comfort and location then I'd go with one of the names already mentioned in this thread.

I can give you more details if you're interested.

Been working here LONG enough.

#12 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

No, the Top Inn I mean is on sukhumvit, next to the Majestic/Soi 4.

http://www.travbuddy...n-Hotel-v339179

It's around 1200, but good value for money and perfect location. I would avoid staying close to Koh San Road if you're interested in mongering.

Another option is Nap Inn. I've been recommended this place before and they do have rooms from 800-1000. Ideal location. It's been full every time I've been to take a look. I'd be interested to hear anyone elses opinion/experience of this place.

http://www.soidb.com...el/nap_inn.html

Concerning the fact Nap Inn is next door to White Orchid Inn I would be suspicious and at least take a look before booking. I spent few days last April in White Orchid Inn and let me just say… room is at least basic if not even characterized as hell-hole used only for short ST :lol: . So if Nap Inn caught at least some Wild Orchid Inn “style”, I would avoid it.

BR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci