Photo

Phnom Penh, Cambodia - February 2010 (update 29 Jan 2011)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:16 AM

Here is a small update on the scene in PP.

Bar Baraza on street 104 has four LBs working. Two are decent and three have silicone. Street 104 is only a block long off the main road by the river (Sisowath Quay). So the bar is easy to find.

Candy Bar on street 136 has three LBs working. Candy Bar is (I think) the last building on the left on the first block off Sisowath walking away from the river. It's hard to miss.

There is one LB in Bar 69 on 136. A bit surprising as this is a favorite bar of the expats. A little closer to the river and on the right side as you walk away from Sisowath. Again easy to find.

There use to be two LBs, previously mentioned on this board, working in UpDown Bar on street 136 near the other bars listed. I have been in twice and didn't find them. UpDown bar seems slow these days with the upstairs bar closed unless they get busy. Just a few GGs working. This place seems to have lost it's mojo.

You can always try your luck at Heart of Darkness disco on street 51 late (after 12:30 and past bar let out time at 2 AM). Many find this place to have an uncomfortable vibe. But I know some guys that like the place. If you aren't staying nearby every tuk-tuk/moto driver should know where the place is located.

I might have more later. I have been sick for a few days and still have some hostess bars to check out.

Canadia Bank ATMs still charge no fee. There is one in the mall (Sorya Market) just south of the huge central market on street 61. Also at the NE corner of street 110 and Monivong. There maybe other ATMs that don't charge but a couple of other brands I tried were charging $2-$4.

Lots of good PP maps HERE. This website also has a lot of other info on PP and many places in Cambodia.

Attached Files

xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#2 Starfish seeker

Starfish seeker
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Thanks 4 update.
What about street activity?
Heard local park area and night market are good areas.

#3 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Thanks 4 update.
What about street activity?
Heard local park area and night market are good areas.

I haven't made an effort in this area. Although since I am staying north of the night market I walk by there a lot at night (sometimes I walk through the market area as the market only seems to be active two? nights a week). I haven't been approached at the market.

I was a couple of blocks west of the night market on a very dark street 106 last night, a couple of blocks east of the park area, at 10 PM and something tried to pick me up. But quite honestly I typically wouldn't go someplace that dark by myself especially later at night. So maybe you will have some luck by the park area. I do walk around PP a lot at night but I am only willing to go certain places.

I was told by the owner of my hotel that for safety if walking back from say Golden Vine on 108 I should walk on the other side of the street away from the park area between 106 and 108. Maybe he was scared I would get accosted by LBs. :D But then I walk places some others wouldn't, so YMMV.
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#4 Starfish seeker

Starfish seeker
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Huh Sen Park is supposed to be a good place

Which hotel are u at?Is it LB friendly?

#5 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:19 PM

Bar Baraza on street 104 has four LBs working. Two are decent and three have silicone. .

shit... i have to get a new calculator.... :D :D

just kidding...i think iwe got it.... :blush:

nice with an report out of the beaten track.... :tada:

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#6 batman4ever

batman4ever

• Moderators
  • 4,822 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

btw... what is the general price-level there??

hotels-food-beers-girlzzzzzzzzzzz ?? :D

A ladyboy is a kind of creature...that makes a txt saying...dont you trust me...and send it to 20 people... :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

https://www.facebook.com/ladyboyforum

#7 LB3048

LB3048
  • Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

I've heard the same thing, I've also heard it's a risky place to go alone.

#8 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

It appears there are also some LBs in Rose Bar on 104 but details unknown as of yet.

I've heard the same thing, I've also heard it's a risky place to go alone.

After some unsuccessful Google searching I'm guessing it has to be Hun Sen Park a bit south of the royal palace??? I've only walked by there in the day time once when I had lunch at Freebird on street 240. Actually I did end up there one other time by mistake with a moto driver that didn't speak English. :D If I feel comfortable going that way at night I may have a look. But I don't think I have a chance in hell of finding a wingman here so I have to go solo.

btw... what is the general price-level there?? hotels-food-beers-girlzzzzzzzzzzz ?? :D

Batman some things are cheaper and some not. I am in a small $18 a night hotel room with AC, bathroom floor is the shower floor, free WiFi and cable TV with so many American/movie/sports channels it makes Sophon Cable look like a joke. It would be an OK budget place in Pattaya. It is all family owned and run. It is new and nicer than some. It is GG friendly but not sure about LB friendly. Although they usually close up around midnight or 1AM and the guard lets me in. So I could likely bring a LB in ST at night. Perhaps in the day as well but if I did I'm sure many jaws would drop. There are many hotels around the action areas with decent $5 ST rooms and I actually prefer ST anyway.

From the hostess bars ST is usually $20 and LT $30 with a $5 bar fine. But I'm starting to see some price creep. FL are usually about $5 less. But this knowledge mostly comes from GGs as I've only visited one LB so far. But her price was the same.

Beer is cheaper as some places have $0.75 (25 baht) drafts at happy hour and 1$ cans. But the local brews are more like $1.50-$2 in the hostess bars and nice restaurants. I'm not really sure about hard liquor but imported beer, even Tiger, is more expensive so I would guess good booze is on par with Pattaya.

Barang (Cambodian word for falang) food is perhaps more expensive here. Bottled water and most everything else but beer seems to be more expensive than Pattaya.

This isn't a place for everyone. Everything seems just a bit more of a challenge including hunting GGs and especially LBs. I like the place but it is a bit of a shit hole. I feel pretty safe here but I won't go walking just anywhere at night as I often do in Pattaya. If I was only coming here for LBs I likely wouldn't come. If you want to mix in an occasional LB with the GGs your odds are a lot better. FWIW

#9 Premier

Premier
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the report xyzzy, I'll be in PP early March so your tips will come in handy, there are so many fucking hostess bars in PP it helps to have a few leads on where the ladyboys are currently.
If all else fails you always find a few at the Heart.

#10 Starfish seeker

Starfish seeker
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the info.The park is near the Palace.
Just looking at the photos posted by James Talyor from his time in PP.I am guessing this is all street or park action.
Gonna doing some searching in April.

#11 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

Claudia Bar on street 104 has two LBs working. One very attractive the other not bad. So there is some selection on 104.

I have seen two SW LBs. Ouch! Not so good, ugly.

#12 Starfish seeker

Starfish seeker
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

Thanks for more updates.Also heard that outside Wat Phnom at night is a good spot for action.
Tuol Kok is a possibility too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci