• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lbcurious

lbcurious
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

Hi all,

can ayone recomend a good tailor around Suk area?

I want a couple of good work suits & shirts.

I'll be staying in Maj Suites, and I recall there being loads around there.

Anyone got any good recomendations or specifically ones to avoid?

cheers

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:50 AM

Just next to Maj Suits is a tailor shop. I never tried them.

Hi all,

can ayone recomend a good tailor around Suk area?

I want a couple of good work suits & shirts.

I'll be staying in Maj Suites, and I recall there being loads around there.

Anyone got any good recomendations or specifically ones to avoid?

cheers

Nick Bullseye

#3 lbcurious

lbcurious
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:13 AM

yep I know, but I'm after tried and tested places

#4 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:03 AM

The Versaces on the corner of Soi 7/1. Me, my family and a number of friends have purchased suits here and their service and quality have always been first class. I have been going since 2005 and it is as good today as it was back then.

Allow 3 days and it is a bit more expensive than a lot of tailors but its worth it.
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#5 lbcurious

lbcurious
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:55 AM

thanks for the rec laptop

#6 kakila

kakila
  • Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:05 AM

The Versaces on the corner of Soi 7/1. Me, my family and a number of friends have purchased suits here and their service and quality have always been first class. I have been going since 2005 and it is as good today as it was back then.

Allow 3 days and it is a bit more expensive than a lot of tailors but its worth it.

LBcurious

the key advise I can give you is similar to that laptop suggested is that you should take your time to get a suit made. too many stories about suits made in 12 hours not lasting and falling apart.

if the tailor is pushy about making the suit quickly and not interested in taking his time then move to the next shop

make sure you find one where the tailer will get you back for a 2nd or 3rd fitting and adjustment before they finsih the suit. That way they get all me measurements and cut correct

cheers pela
pela is no more. a necessary name change to prevent wife turning me into a post op

#7 boss45

boss45
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

I will agree with that. I had some suits made in BKK. The workmanship is shoddy, the material is lower quaity. They try to use as little material as possible. The end result is clothes that do not fit right and will not last long. There are higher quality tailors in BKK, one that comes to mind is run by an english guy, it is right of the tram and about 1 miles from the JW Marriott, go away from NEP. He is not the cheapest but is the most professional and will do the best job.

LBcurious

the key advise I can give you is similar to that laptop suggested is that you should take your time to get a suit made. too many stories about suits made in 12 hours not lasting and falling apart.

if the tailor is pushy about making the suit quickly and not interested in taking his time then move to the next shop

make sure you find one where the tailer will get you back for a 2nd or 3rd fitting and adjustment before they finsih the suit. That way they get all me measurements and cut correct

cheers pela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci