• 68 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

any idea of the cost of a taxi from phuket airport to Patong
will cost

#26 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

About 600 Baht, it's a 45-60 minute drive.

#27 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

If the Taxi Meter stand just outside arrivals to the right is open, 450-ish.
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#28 petesie

petesie
  • Members
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Lots of Taxis available there...........don't sweat the small stuff......... 8)
"My advice is just thank the god that doesnt exist for the rib he didnt take to create the women thats not a women that he didnt make for the naturaly uncut cock n enjoy it, they sure are fun." - Boomdraw

#29 xyzzy

xyzzy
  • Members
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationPattaya

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:42 AM

It's been a while since I was there and it was, I think, 550B. Both times I have taken a taxi to Patong from the airport the driver has stopped somewhere along the way. Then a Thai lady comes out and tries to convince me she has a better hotel deal for me. Just be prepared...
xyzzy is the "magic word" from the first computer adventure game and isn't capitalized

#30 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

the best guys to take note of are fatboy and steviep, i am sure big stevie is driving a taxi in phucket himself :harhar:

#31 duke007

duke007
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Costs me 600 baht each way which Tom of theplacetostay sorts out for me 8)

What she asked of me at the end of the Day,
Caligula would have blushed

#32 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:39 AM

For people on a tight budget there is an option of shared minibus of 180 BHT. Ticket can be booked in every little travel agency or guesthouse/hotel.
That is for the return to the airport I should add...from the airport Im not sure that service is offerd.

When it comes to taxis & tuks on the island its a disgrace how much mafia there is..its the thing that annoys me most about ladyboy paradise.. :| & aperantly not only me..its time for a clean up if the island shall survive in the long run!
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#33 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:41 AM

DELETED

#34 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:58 AM

From HKT/Phuket airport just go to first desk with Mini bus sign, buy ticket and sit in bus. In the middle of the trip there is "transfer" meaning some guys want to sell you hotels with the excuse you have to show ticket... after this nuisance you drive for few more minutes and there you are. Patong is more or less small village with two roads so it's not hard to find hotel if mini bus already don't drop you in front of hotel, at least my minibus did this for me.

Return trip was even easier for me. I went to start of the Bangla Road found first taxi driver and asked for price, went to second and asked him for price then returned to first and told him I pay him 400 BHT ( I think, I'm not 100% it this is the right price), walked away and when he shouted after me he accepts my price.. I won.

BR

#35 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hi jacksmithlbl try to ask your Hotel some Hotel have one free Shuttle or sometimes really Cheap Prices. I Remember at my Last Trip in Juli i paid 450 Baht. I Stay at the CNN for 3 Nights and one Transfer was free to this time.

#36 boarhog

boarhog
  • Members
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:13 AM

My last two trips I managed to meet other travellors who were going to Patong. If you walk outside of arrivals and go to the right you will find a metered taxi stand. They don't have an abundance so its easy to meet people who are waiting.

I met a Philipino woman who worked in Patong last time who offered to share a taxi with me. The time before it was two britsh women. The lady working the taxi bookings wasn't too impressed saying the 3 of us wouldn't fit. Then after we said no problem she told us the taxi would make only one stop? This was rubbish too and soon our Taxi was there. We went to my place first and I gave them 200 baht wiht the metre under 400 baht at that point.

You can also take a mini bus you can book at the arrivals for about 150 baht. They fill these things and make many stops including their travel agency where they try to sell accomadation and side trips. I did this once and never again as I had to wait chomping at the bit to get to the action while they showed some backpackers brochures inside the office while the rest of us waited outside for them.

For returns I book a 600 baht taxi through an agent. They range 600 to 800 baht I've found. I've used them when I have had a ladyboy see me off and one even gave us a half hour in the airport before she returned with him. I usually use the mini bus for the return back. They have one every hour that you can book at travel agaents or guesthouses. No waiting and they are timely, but you do pick up others along the way. I think this was 180 baht.
===============================
===============================

Breaking down stereotypes one ladyboy at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci