Majestic grande or majestic suites?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 tn2929

tn2929
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:58 AM

hello guys, i know that both hotels are lb friendly. but which is better overall? which one is closer to the action? and im a shy person, i dont like to enter the lobby with a lb. can the lb come straight up to my room in the majestic grande? or i must come down and bring her up with me?
thanks,

#2 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

If you are shy then that eliminates Majestic Suites, in that place everybody on the premises soon learns all about your business and who's shagging who :D

I've not stayed at Majestic Grande but do know it is a kick up the arse around the corner from Guess Bar.

#3 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

tn2929 said

hello guys, i know that both hotels are lb friendly. but which is better overall? which one is closer to the action? and im a shy person, i dont like to enter the lobby with a lb. can the lb come straight up to my room in the majestic grande? or i must come down and bring her up with me?
thanks,

first of all thanks for your first post.
i cannot speak for experience in any of these hotels, however in everyother hotel that i have been to, if you feel uneasy about walking you lb through reception, you could always get her phone number, call her up, and reception will then call your room asking if you are expecting a guest, you say ok, then the lb will just make her own way to your room.
trust me after the first couple of walks with a lb through reception the uneasiness soon goes away, and your attitude becomes like, fuck it, i am on holiday and do what i want to do.

#4 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

If you are shy then that eliminates Majestic Suites, in that place everybody on the premises soon learns all about your business and who's shagging who

Yeah thats very true! But if you dont care about that its one of the best hotels for p4p in Bangkok. Its not worth it to pay more for the Majestic Grande.

#5 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

I was in Majestic Suites and I can only recommend this place. Rooms are spacious and hotel is extremely ladyboy friendly. But the best thing is LOCATION. I don’t know about Majestic Grande but all I can say is Suites has at leas acceptable standard and much better location, at least for me. Soi 2 is a little of hand if you don’t monger in Guess Bar 24/7.

BR

#6 Scorpioxxx

Scorpioxxx
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:34 PM

I always stay in Majestic Grande when in BKK. I usually book through Asiarooms and get a superior room. I feel the extra expense is worth it, and the breakfast buffet is so good I actually get my butt out of bed and go! Not something I would usually even contemplate elsewhere!
As far as being 'ladyboy friendly', I would say they are 'ladyboy tolerant.' The lobby from front door to elevators is a long 50 metre walk of shame. On my last trip the black shirted security guard shouted 'Katoey' as I entered the front door with Joy at 7pm.
The attitude of the staff at the security/concierge desk definitely changes once you return with a LB in tow. LB visitors will be asked to leave ID. at the desk and arrive at your room with no problems. If you have £50 a night in your budget I feel it is worth it for an upmarket alternative near to the action. The one thing that bugs me is internet access is expensive as you need to buy by the hour or day through the business centre.

#7 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

The one thing that bugs me is internet access is expensive as you need to buy by the hour or day through the business centre.

I was thinking of giving the MG my first visit this coming shagging season however, Scorpio has just pointed out the deal breaker :tantrum:

#8 Crackerjax

Crackerjax
  • Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate having to pay extra for internet access.

#9 tapioca

tapioca
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

I am now sitting in my room at Majestic Suites, writing this reply on their free wireless connection. I always stay here, as I believe it is the best value for the money in this neighborhood. As far as bringing your lb friend in, you can have her arrive and give your room number. The reception will call you to assure that you are expecting a guest. You do not have to go meet the guest. The will take the ID to hold until your guest leaves. Another thing I like here is that you can have as many guests as you like come to your room, without even an eyebrow being raised. I have had as many as 3 or 4 at once, no extra charge like some other places here. The rooms here are about 1/2 the rate as Majestic Grande. Double Superior is 1,650 baht/night, may increase slightly in peak season.

Enjoy your stay in Bangkok!

Tapioca

#10 tn2929

tn2929
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:38 AM

what about the food in majestic suites? is it good or bad? and the bathroom? room size? TV? is there any good restaurants near it?

#11 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

DELETED

#12 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:58 AM

Majestic suites has one small but cozy dining place, breakfast is served. You have BHT limit and you order from menu but... although not as plentiful as in Woraburi or other buffet type facilities breakfast was more than average and totally enough for me.

Judging hotels in Bangkok on breakfast is... like bringing wood into forest. There are so many cheap or hi-so alternatives I always try to get hotel without breakfast why... because I can go and eat in different place every day, it cost me practically nothing but on the other hand one breakfast in hotel, another with tilak in Thai restaurant third on stalls... and gradually you turn yourself into fatty-epic proportions if you know what I mean. :angel:

BR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci