Gulf Air vs Quatar

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ericthehalfabee

Ericthehalfabee
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Gulf Air or Quatar - business class for both, about the same price which is better?
"I can feel an angel sliding up to me"

#2 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

According to Skytrax, definitely Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways are a 5-star airline, whereas Gulf Air is just a 3-star airline.

Gulf Air flies through Bahrain, the leg BAH-BKK is flown on a Airbus 340. Qatar Airways uses an Airbus 330-300 for one and a Boeing 777-300ER for the other flight on the route DOH-BKK.

As a Nana LB would say, up to you, but I would definitely go with Qatar Airways, unless the flight with Gulf is much cheaper. Watch also the delay in Doha and Bahrain, especially on the outbound flight.

Nick Bullseye

#3 Ericthehalfabee

Ericthehalfabee
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

Thanks Bullseye - very useful - hope to bump into you in Los sometime.

#4 MrDragon

MrDragon
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

I say Qatar aswell..no doubt :!: Besides Bahrain airport is not the most cosy one,incase you need to wait for the connection flight..
Live in the real world,its the only one that matters..

#5 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

British Airways

Oh shit, sorry, I mean Qatar Airways.
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#6 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

I'm flying Gulf Air this time. I can only tell you my loyalty towards any airline is worth 1 EUR; if I get ticket only 1 EUR cheaper than... I’m sold.

If seats are not comfortable, stewardes sugly bi…es :cry: I compensate this with higher intake of alcoholic beverages. Any airline seat beats my Army days transports so nothing can surprise me now. 8)

BR

#7 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

I think we should create our own airlines. We should call them LB69 Airlines, design them after the well-known LYNX Airlines, with the flight attendants being exclusively LBs. We could operate direct flights between Bangkok (main hub) and London, Paris, Frankfurt, Vienna, Moscow, Milano, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dubai, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, maybe some more.

The fleet would be 10-15 A380s. For the design of the flight attendants costume, I would choose Jay or Odett, since they have a large experience in it.

I think it would be a big success. Somebody wants to write the business plan with me?

Nick Bullseye

#8 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

With shuttles to Phuket of course!

Having had some experience in this field, and once previously running my own (virtual) airline - I'll be more then happy to help. :lol:

Although the A380 is the completely wrong choice of aircraft....
If it fails to inflate....blow into this tube.

#9 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:41 PM

personally both these airlines would get :redcard:
along with emirates, allbeit good competitive airlines, but personally rather fly, edinburgh, to ams, cdg, or heathrow, then get the direct option rather than making a massive detour to the middle east then usually a minimum wait of 3 hours.
just for referance guys, the best times i have had was with air france, edinburgh to paris arrived about 4ish then flight was back of 7 pm, and comming back only had an hour wait.
for me price is not everything, i also take flight/waiting time into consideration.
also all you lucky :wnkr: that live near heathrow you can get direct from there, no stop overs or nothing, one airport check in, then direct to bkk, rather do this than take the sometimes cheaper option of a middle east stop over, if i lived near heathrow

#10 Ericthehalfabee

Ericthehalfabee
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

We should of course try a charter first as a test run.

#11 Josh69

Josh69
  • Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

Qatar best by far!
I used Qatar several times , it was top class service...

Just a pity it's not the same quality of service inside the airport...Here, i'm only talking about men.

#12 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

dubai airport is the the same, the seating areas and just general service of the place is brutal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci