Drinking to excess

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vandal_*

Guest_Vandal_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Why do so many guys get totally bladdered on holiday in thailand :?:

I personally enjoy a drink 4 sure, but i know my limit, and i very rarely ever feel the desire to get 'out of my face'

Why do you do it chaps :?:

#2 blubb

blubb
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

Because Gogo at JSB force you to drink too much free tequila :twisted:

#3 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

It's a very good question actually, however not so simple to answer.

I'm sure many guys have limited time off work, and feel obliged to party hard, and that usually means drinking to excess whilst in Thailand for one or two weeks.

I like a few drinks myself whilst in 'holiday mode', but it's extremely rare I get shit-faced like some people.

It's possible some guys simply drink to lose their inhibitions and get the courage to live out their ladyboy fantasy.

The possibilities are endless, however it would be interesting to see how these same guys drink/behave normally back in their own country.

P.S. I neglected to mention the guys who endeavour to support their favourite ladyboy bar with a drink tab the size of small nations GDP. :lol:

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#4 Nick Bullseye

Nick Bullseye
  • Members
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

I do not go to LOS for excess drinking, I go there to fuck ladyboys. Excess drinking precludes fucking ladyboys, therefore it is a mere loss of time and money (and LBs).

Nick Bullseye

#5 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:52 PM

Shouldn;t the question simply be 'why do so many guys get bladdered on holiday?

And isn't the answer in the question?

As already stated, if it wasn't for a good number of guys drinking heavily in ladyboy bars then most ladyboy bars would stuggle to exist.

I take extended trips in LOS and I try to have more days off drinking than on, but I do enjoy the occassional knees up and don't see a problem with it.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#6 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Well said Kliome.

What all the mongers fail to recognize is that the niche market bars that we adore (LBs) only survive if we visit. Sure you can take an LB from the Beach and good luck to you.

I would rather meet a LB, in one of the many bars catering to our preference, and sit and have a few drinks with some fellow open minded folk.

You cannot do that on the Beach and nor can you do, so easily, in a mixed bar (GG + LB) as many customers dislike our preference.

On top of that I do not understand why so many guys 'jump through hoops' to avoid a BF of 300 baht. If the bars do not get BFs they stop operating so back to the Beach.

Send me a PM as I do not have your number

#7 Legend

Legend
  • Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

getting drunk in good company and having a laugh is perfectly fine.
it is what it is, enjoying yourself, letting your hair down etc......
when a good night is being had, why go home.?

i got more questions about life.
why do guys marry extremely large ladies.?
wheres the fun in that.?
they eat to excess because they are mentally unhappy.
why would you choose to share company with such glutonous vessels.?
"im sure if u look around u can find a sunken face under caloried 10 year vet tranny bar girl, her face might not be as uniquely sunken or her ass dents so dented but just have a look, life is full of options." - boomdraw.

#8 Brit

Brit
  • Members
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

getting drunk in good company and having a laugh is perfectly fine.
it is what it is, enjoying yourself, letting your hair down etc......
when a good night is being had, why go home.?

i got more questions about life.
why do guys marry extremely large ladies.?
wheres the fun in that.?
they eat to excess because they are mentally unhappy.
why would you choose to share company with such glutonous vessels.?

Maybe Anthony70 you're answering the question to why the guys drink when they go solo to LOS. To forget their life back home (and their wives).

To answer the original question - I think each individual is different - and so long as they are not impinging on another persons space (and unfortunately when some get boisterous that happens); then in general it’s just good fun.

The word of warning is that thai police maynot be as ‘understanding’ (or useless – whatever your point of view is) of police in the west and their tolerance to anti social behaviour. Whether you are in Thailand or elsewhere in asia you should try to balance your intake to ensure you are still able to conduct yourself in a reasonable manner (i mean reasonable to sober people).
I spent a lot of money on LB's in Nana Plaza, Patpong and Pattaya. The rest of the cash, I just squandered

#9 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:15 AM

because, it is my holiday, and i will do what the fuck i want to do ON MY HOLIDAY, and my holiday consists, of fucking and getting drunk.
it could be seen in the opposite way as well, i do not understand why people do not drink to excess whilst on holiday.
it us up to you what you do on holiday

#10 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:55 AM

I think everything in Thailand is "Up to you". I only have a beer or two and then Coke Zero & Coke Light hits the stage. I guess this is my destiny since most of my girls don’t like to drink and they really appreciate I’m not a heavy drinker but still. One thing is to drink like Rev1888 passionately but still under control 8) and totally another thing is to drink yourself to death at 10 am and walk without shirt on Second Street...

BR

#11 filbert

filbert
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:04 AM

I never go out to get drunk, it just turns out that way sometimes when I'm in good company and enjoying myself. You will never see me acting like an idiot with my top off falling around the place or annoying the hell out of other customers. While at home back in the UK I don't go out very often but when on holiday it's beer o'clock ;)

As to getting hitched to a fat bird..........uuuuuggggggg but then again often they don't start out that way, they just blob out and let themselves go once they've got their meal ticket sorted out. Now fucking the odd fat bird isn't so bad, they do tend to try harder and they're sooooo greatfull ;) Bless them, I just wish they'd leave those cakes alone........
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Plato

#12 udrees

udrees
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:00 AM

in Russia we drink to excess
without it, the boozy-up is a waste of time.
a short proverb "if you drank well yesterday, in the morning you feel urself bad: if you feel urself well in the morning, then you drank useless yesterday".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci