Not looking good for the Jenny Star Bar

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#25 budhas

budhas
  • Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:26 AM

I also saw when i were there 5 Days ago. The Lights are allready out.

#26 LBvictim

LBvictim
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:13 PM

LBV you have captured LEE in the foreground of your pic....was that accidental or planned....Cheers DK

nope she was my date for sunday night DK :)

#27 Guest_Breezy272_*

Guest_Breezy272_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

oddly i feel crushed :oops:
that was up there on my list of places to hit up.

#28 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:12 AM

JSB was open on Monday this week when I was there and everything seemed to be as normal - same service staff, same girls, same music. Pretty much everything same as usual. So my take is that everything is continuing. Not sure what the licence point is about unless it has just expired - the licence is valid for a year from issue date - lets face it - these places have someone shown on the licence but it essentially makes no odds if they are not around 24/7 so any issue about the visibility of the owner is academic - its who's name is on the licence and that would not be in question so long as the licence remains valid and in date.

You will probably hear many "stories" about who is going to take it over/convert etc but until it actually happens, dont lose any sleep about it. Having said that, i did see heaps and heaps of empty closed bars all along Walking street - Pattaya is seriously hurting at the moment but probably the landlords have still not seen the problem and are asking for ridiculous rents and key payments.

Its a very brave or very stupid guy who opens a bar in Pattaya at the moment.

Cheers
Mardhi

#29 LBvictim

LBvictim
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

[quote="

Its a very brave or very stupid guy who opens a bar in Pattaya at the moment.

Cheers
Mardhi[/quote]

err yup Mardi, and you will never hear of some poor farang taken for all his money by a smart Thai Girl ( who could for the sake of discussion be called Jenny in this instance ).

Karl is a competing bar owner, and he says his source is local and official, he was also over there and noticed they were using buckets of ice for a while to keep the drinks cold before they got the spare key to the fridges. so again I will say his is probably the most accurate account even though I realize you know alot more about Thai licencing laws that Karl would :roll:

Hey can anyone place the flag ? i am sure its scandinavian just cant remember the country

cheers

#30 LBvictim

LBvictim
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

hmm no takers,
interestingly enough the red cross on white field is the flag Of England.

( been too long since I was at school, and learnt the 3 flags that make up the Union Jack)

there is also the same flag pinned to the ceiling inside JSB.

Place was a ghost town when I went in , took Anny and Kate with me from Pooks, and the punters where paying them more attention than the couple of local talent that were still hanging around.

Err we didnt stay long, :lol:

#31 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

hmm no takers,
interestingly enough the red cross on white field is the flag Of England.

( been too long since I was at school, and learnt the 3 flags that make up the Union Jack)

there is also the same flag pinned to the ceiling inside JSB.

Flag wise the Janny Bar flag is not a St George's cross (England), which is a centred cross. It's not a recognisable national flag at all that I'm aware of, more like a reverse of the Danish flag.

What ever the rumours are, for teh 2 months I was in town JSB was pretty dead and still don't seem to have improved. But it's not like anyone was really missing it, and all the usual suspects were still floating around, inc Gyk and Ex who hadn't be around for some time.

Personally I haven't spent much time in JSB over the past 2 years, losing some of the other LB bars would be a much greater loss.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#32 Rossco

Rossco
  • Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Kliome
You are correct the English Flag is a centered red cross on white.

The Union Jack (the UK flag) is s combination of:
George Cross - unilateral red cross on white
St Andrews Cross Blue X shaped cross upon white

JSB is still working as I know 2 LBs working out of there. As I said before Jenny's brother had a fall out with US business partner.

Bars will throw mud right now as they are all competing for the same reduced "dollars".

#33 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

ROSSCO said

You are correct the English Flag is a centered red cross on white.

come on guys, who gives a fuck what the EN-GER-LAND flag looks like, all it does to me, is make me physically sick, and gives me migranes :P :lol:

#34 filbert

filbert
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Why rev are you in the Taliban ;)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Plato

#35 filbert

filbert
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

Missed one out Rossco, it's the St Andrew's Cross (Scotalnd - the blue bits), then the St Patrick's Cross (Ireland - Red small cross) and then St George's Cross (England - Wider red cross), the flag originated in I think 1707 with the St Patrick's cross added in 1801.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Plato

#36 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

thinking about it, job shit ect ect, fuck it a change is as good as a rest :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci