Bangkok Discos

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 laptop

laptop
  • Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

I havent been to a Bangkok Disco in a long time now and I was wondering does anyone have a suggestion on the current most happening clubs. On previous visits I went to Bed Supperclub (good), Q-Bar (Great), CM2 (so-so) and Nana Disco (Shite). Are these still the places to go? Also has anyone had any experiences with the RCA area? I heard its a hoot.

And finally is the tunnel on Sukhumavit still the best for after hours drinking?
:roll:
As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?

#2 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

I would suggest that LB-69 is perhaps the most qualified among us to answer your query laptop. I've been with him to a number of the outposts off the tourist track including some places which were being patronised mostly by Thais however, I much prefer it when there is more even split of locals and tourists, a better vibe/atmosphere then seems to exist.

#3 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

I would suggest that LB-69 is perhaps the most qualified among us to answer your query laptop. I've been with him to a number of the outposts off the tourist track including some places which were being patronised mostly by Thais however, I much prefer it when there is more even split of locals and tourists, a better vibe/atmosphere then seems to exist.

My Bangkok LB would only say "Up to you" so if you find such LB than you are f...eed. Any new data on Bangkok scene would be appreciated from my side too. :)

BR

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

I have a recommendation from my regular lb - she says Slim at RCA, Rama 9 is a very good disco. Lb and farang friendly - has zones for hip hop, live music, etc.

#5 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have a recommendation from my regular lb - she says Slim at RCA, Rama 9 is a very good disco. Lb and farang friendly - has zones for hip hop, live music, etc.

Yes rxpharm, I have been to Slim and sampled those two zones for different genres; it certainly is a groovy, modern nicely designed facility....as is the other nightclub almost next door :?
But RCA strikes me as being for well heeled Thai folks and not the sort of arena a western guy would venture to unless he was already in Thai female company. The same could be said of the many discos in the Ratchada district which I've sampled with ladyboys on three or four occasions.
What I find amazing is that those places are packed with locals thru to 3-4am even on week days....surely some of them have jobs :shock:

#6 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

i do not want to sound like a big sh**e bag here. i have done the night club thing in pattaya before, but now a wee bit apprehensive, due to the fires.
the old hollywood x2, and the one that recently went on fire in bkk
there seem to be no safety measures in thailand regarding electricity ie nothing seems to be earthed, also in these clubs they can be well over crowded, and the fire escapes seem to be non existant.
or are there tougher regulations now after the fire in bkk, or is it pretty much the same.
sorry to put a dampener on going to clubs in bkk, but now i just would not do it.

#7 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

laptop, personally i can´t stand those places anymore, but you´re a young lad :)
Been to the Tunnel a few times and i dont think its on Sukh, i been a bit drunk everytime and the place is in some backstreet with a very anonymous entrance. As rev75842750835 just said, Tunnel is a disaster waiting to happen, one narrow weird caved entrance/exit for a place that holds alot of guests.

Last trip i went to Spicy, Bossy, Boss and the least bad of them was Bossy. Mixed crowd, big space place, some lbs too.

Didn´t bother with Bed S club, but i think its still a hot spot.
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#8 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Aren't there two places called Tunnel?

A late night drinking bar on Sukhumvit, in some dingy alleyway, nothing special. And the Tunnel club which is a good 25 min taxi ride form Nana. (?)

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#9 sev7en

sev7en
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Ah ok. 2 places..
The tunnel i´m thinking of is off nana area, but not as far as 25 mins? 5-10 mins taxi, i think. soi 5 rings a bell..
"some see an erotic photo display, me i just hope the hot water soothed her ageing joints."
-boomdraw

#10 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

Aren't there two places called Tunnel?

A late night drinking bar on Sukhumvit, in some dingy alleyway, nothing special. And the Tunnel club which is a good 25 min taxi ride form Nana. (?)

No, only one place actually called Tunnel, the late night drinking bar you are thinking of Kliome is called Sanuk Bar and is located in that area know as the Tunnel between Suk Soi 5 & 7. By day time it is a pool hall.

#11 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

Ah ok. 2 places..
The tunnel i´m thinking of is off nana area, but not as far as 25 mins? 5-10 mins taxi, i think. soi 5 rings a bell..

I might be wrong, but I think the Tunnel drinking place is in an alley between Suk soi 5 and 7, and the Tunnel Club is the other side of the express way, towards Siam Square (I'm sure you're right, less than 25 mins away).

I've been to a few places in RCA but never see too many farang around there, so not sure about the decent Thai/Farang mix.

I'm not much of a clubber, I'm happy with the dingy 'low class' discos like Spicy and Boss. Shit music, cheap entry and drink, and lots of bemused backpackers staring at my rather tall girlfriend :D

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#12 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

What if more experienced members compose short list of discos and other venues you can take someone you like 8) so they can be included in Map of Bangkok and Pattaya I don’t know about Pattaya since practically all prominent discos were LB unfriendly last time I checked (Marine, Insomnia...) but for Bangkok it would really help us noobs a lot.

BR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci