Best Airline

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:20 PM

wanting to know, which has been the best airline that you have traveled with, not just price but overall value for money, food service, smoothride ect.
i liked china flying from schipol, but the tax on that flight has made it a wee bit more expensive than emirates and air france. so my top 3 who i have flown with would be 1,china 2,ba 3, emirates 4, airfrance. emirates would probably have been number 2 but i do not like dubai airport.

#2 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

I've used EVA from LHR to BKK for years on and off. I joined their Evergreen Club a few years back and use them exclusively now, unless another direct flight is way less money I wouldn't change.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#3 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

I'll be using BA for the first time next month (first time on the UK-BKK route that is).

In the past I've always found Etihad are the best for low budget (stop-over) but I'm aware the Emirates are a similar quality.

For non-stop economy I've always enjoyed Eva, no complaints from me in 6 flights. I like Thai Air too but miss having my own mini TV in the head rest. Other than that, a top airline.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

#4 rxpharm

rxpharm
  • Moderators
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

I've flown with Emirates, Qatar Airways, Cathay, Eva, Singapore Airlines, Thai, Air Canada, United, Luftansa, and BA.

The Western airlines don't come close to the service provided by the big Arabian Gulf Airlines and the Asian airlines. I would have to say Singapore Airlines has been the best I've flown with, excellent service, efficient, on time service, smooth check in and one of the best airports in the world, Changi.

Emirates and Qatar Airways come a close second, but I agree, Dubai and Doha's airports are not my favorites.

#5 Guest_pentire_*

Guest_pentire_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

Forty two times now I have used the China Airlines service via Amsterdam. As far as I able to tell, it is still the lowest cost biz class flying non stop Europe-Bangkok for around £1150 return including my flight to/from the UK.

#6 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Don't fly LTU if you value your health. :shock: My best flight was LAX-CDG with Air France. Sexy staff 8) , good service and roomy seats on 747.

BR

#7 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

DELETED

#8 dixon cox

dixon cox

Monkey Nut

• Moderators
  • 7,150 posts
  • LocationCentral Pattaya

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

dubai airport not the best but use there lounge and all is ok

I really, really, really, don't like stop-overs, especially in the Middle East. I've stopped over at Doha, Bahrain and a few others and I don't like it as it always reminds me I need to wash the bed linen. Never stopped over at Dubai though.

In fact the last one I remember taking one was with Gulf Air and the back 10 rows or so were allocated to smoking with TV screens showing the direction of Mecca, although I suspect the Mecca info is still there but now gone digital.

Meum cerebrum nocet

#9 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

DELETED

#10 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:24 AM

emirates planes are of a high stnadard and the service was good, but dubai airport, is fucking horrendous, everyone lying spread eagled on the floor, you are stepping over everyone, and what annoyed me the most was that there were plenty of seats but i could not get one as everybody was lying on the floor in front of the seats not using them :shock:

#11 FatboyUK

FatboyUK
  • Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:44 AM

I'll be using BA for the first time next month (first time on the UK-BKK route that is).

For non-stop economy I've always enjoyed Eva, no complaints from me in 6 flights. I like Thai Air too but miss having my own mini TV in the head rest. Other than that, a top airline.

Kliome, feel free to PM me with some details, and I can try to drop a note to the operating crew for you. :wink:

And FYI, if you didnt know, Thai's lunchtime departure from Heathrow is now operated by a much newer A340-600 with individual TV's, and the same amazing legroom you come to expect from them.

As for my own preference, EVA Air is who my 1st choice would be, as long as it was on their 777 aircraft.

But with the fares I pay, it's BA all the way.

#12 kliome

kliome
  • Moderators
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

Thanks FB, I'll take you up on that offer!

I'd actually agree, EVA are my first choice for this route (LHR-BKK non-stop economy). It just happened on this occasion BA were considerably cheaper for my dates and I'm quite looking forward to the change.

Dating ladyboys in Thailand Thai Friendly 

Meeting ladyboys around the world My Ladyboy Date

Best Thailand (and global) hotel deals Discounted Hotels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci