Protestors

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 neogzim24

neogzim24
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Anyone in Thailand currently that can give a status on the situation there. Looks like my trip my get canceled if the embassy sends out a bad report. oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

I just hope BKK airport security service ar not Songkranning... again. 8)

BR

#3 essex boy

essex boy
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

just spoke to my mate who is in pattaya now and he said if u didnt see the news u wouldnt know anything was going on there. when i called he was on the beach so i dont think there will b any problem going there

#4 Recoil111

Recoil111
  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:51 AM

Anyone in Thailand currently that can give a status on the situation there. Looks like my trip my get canceled if the embassy sends out a bad report. oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is your trip depending to what your embassy says? I am going there soon as well and i am not concerned about the situation, its the same thing that happens since october last year.

As long as the bars stay open: i dont mind!

#5 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:31 AM

if your embassy advises on not traveling, better read the small print on your travel insurance, as if you travel against the advice of your embassy and you have a medical emergency whilst away your insurance may not pay out

#6 PP

PP
  • Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

#7 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

just been reading the small print on my insurance, under general exclusions , (meaning they will not pay out) war risks, CIVIL COMMOTION,........
and another exclusion is, travel to a country or specific area or event wich the foreign and commenwealth office or the world health organisation has advised the public not to travel.
these are extracts of occasions when lloyds tsb travel insurance will not pay out, took out of my insurance policy booklet.
so please be careful and double check, just lets hope that things do not escalate even more.
i have been going to los for 9 years and touch wood nothing has ever happened, but it would be sods law if travelled against the opinion (mentioned above), and i did need serious medical attention i would be fucked :!:

#8 RobiSLO

RobiSLO
  • Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:01 AM

Dont give a f.. about my insurance company. 8) If I did I wouldn't go to HIV infested areas searching for quick fun with questionable ladyboys. :D In Durex I trust not in my shitty insurance company.

BR

#9 ScottishLadyboyTerrorist

ScottishLadyboyTerrorist
  • Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the update rev, although for me personaly, I dont bother with travel ins as my company have a good policy.. In saying that, if it were to kick off big time at the airport like last time and I got delayed knowing that there was a chance impending trouble, then I'd be sacked.. This one is a very fine line in the sand as far as my up coming trip in just over 2 weeks..

#10 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

i just hope it gets quiet asap, for the bms who are due to travel in the next 2 weeks or so.

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

I just landed back in Melbourne a few hours ago.

Had been in Pattaya for the last week, and despite all the shit going on at the Asean meetings, it was very much business as usual.

Sure there were alot of police in town, but to the average monger, you wouldn't know what was happenning unless you turned on the news.

The airport was totally normal last night, and I didn't see any noticeable increased security.

It does appear that the situation in Bangkok has escelated over the past 24 hours, so will be interesting to see what develops.

I received updated travel advice from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs today, and they have basically said "Travellers are now advised to reconsider their need to travel to Bangkok and surrounding provinces (Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Nakon Pathom, Ayuthaya, Pratum Thani) due to ongoing civil unrest."

Cheers
Koykaeng
Sign in pub "In case of fire - break glass". Now my beer's gone everywhere, and there's still a fire.

#12 Guest_Hairy Old Fanny Filler_*

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

if the british govenrment issued the same statement my travel insurance would be worthless. To all bms, truth would you still travel knowing that if anything happened to you that your insurance would be worthless, this is starting to concern me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci