Beware !

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:48 AM

Found this warning posted on another website, I'm glad I found it, at least now I'll be alert ! :?

KATOEYS (LADYBOYS)
Beware of transvestite/transsexual hookers, who usually are easily spotted if you're sober, but if you're drunk you might end up making an embarrassing mistake (unless that's what you were looking for).
- they're taller than most of the bar girls and dancers
- big feet, hands and adams apple in the throat
- overdressed and over made-up like a hollywood hooker
- some (not all) have an obvious deeper voice - they can be dangerous and will often rob and attack anyone dumb or drunk enough to take them back to a hotel room.
- they're often pilled-up high on yaba

Some of the more 'up market' katoeys are on hormones, have silicone breast implants or have had boyfriends pay for a 'cut-n-tuck' removing the wedding tackle, installing a vertical bacon sandwich. If you're unsure, you can always try and examine the merchandise, most of the bar girls won't mind.

Be careful out there, fellow travellers !

Cheers
Koykaeng

#2 lemarquisdesavoie

lemarquisdesavoie
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the warning !

I'm so glad I joined this site.

Forewarned is forearmed..

They won't trick me ! :wink:

#3 drehscheibe

drehscheibe
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:53 PM

yes the same warning makes me nervous in 1987 when i came first time to Thailand. But i soon learned that these words are not right.
okay on beach road in Pattaya there are some ladyboys which can be dangerous but same the girls there. Beach Road freelancers i never took before.
i think these typical report is the discrimination for ladyboys. accept but not respect in Thailand. But thai culture would be poorer without ladyboys. There life is for sure not easy but they do their best. I also know LB friends who working in an normal occupation.
The bargirls make fun with them but they very jealous about ladymen of cause the most of them look much better and understand to do a really good business.
I wish the thai state and also the tourists a better understanding of ladyboys and not a rassism against them. And if you give lb's respect they give you back. I never want to miss parties (also without sex) with lb's in Pattaya.

#4 ladyboysforever

ladyboysforever
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:01 AM

Found this warning posted on another website, I'm glad I found it, at least now I'll be alert ! :?

KATOEYS (LADYBOYS)
Beware of transvestite/transsexual hookers, who usually are easily spotted if you're sober, but if you're drunk you might end up making an embarrassing mistake (unless that's what you were looking for).
- they're taller than most of the bar girls and dancers
- big feet, hands and adams apple in the throat
- overdressed and over made-up like a hollywood hooker
- some (not all) have an obvious deeper voice - they can be dangerous and will often rob and attack anyone dumb or drunk enough to take them back to a hotel room.
- they're often pilled-up high on yaba

Some of the more 'up market' katoeys are on hormones, have silicone breast implants or have had boyfriends pay for a 'cut-n-tuck' removing the wedding tackle, installing a vertical bacon sandwich. If you're unsure, you can always try and examine the merchandise, most of the bar girls won't mind.

Be careful out there, fellow travellers !

Cheers
Koykaeng

:lol: :lol: :lol:
" SUCK OR BE SUCKED, THAT´S THE QUESTION "

EDIT: BEFORE I NEVER SUCKED BUT NOW...HE HE!!!

#5 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

.... - they're often pilled-up high on yaba

i may sound stupid, sorry...
is yaba name for some well known specific drug or is the general expression for drugs (like "ganja" for marijuana, for instance) ???
thanx :D

#6 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

Hi LJ,

To answer your question;

"YA-BA"/"THAI TABS" METHAMPHETAMINE TABLETS

Ya-Ba ("yah-bah", Thai slang for "mad medicine") originated in Southeast Asia's Golden Triangle region – the drug producing area that straddles the borders of Burma, Laos, and Thailand that was the world's top opium/heroin producing region for many decades. At present, most Ya-Ba tablets are produced in Myanmar (Burma). Over the past five years, Ya-Ba (more commonly referred to as "Thai Tabs" within the United States) has become the most abused drug in Thailand.

Cheers
Koykaeng

#7 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:30 PM

Hi LJ,
To answer your question;
"YA-BA"/"THAI TABS" METHAMPHETAMINE TABLETS
Ya-Ba ("yah-bah", Thai slang for "mad medicine") originated in Southeast Asia's Golden Triangle region – the drug producing area that straddles the borders of Burma, Laos, and Thailand that was the world's top opium/heroin producing region for many decades. At present, most Ya-Ba tablets are produced in Myanmar (Burma). Over the past five years, Ya-Ba (more commonly referred to as "Thai Tabs" within the United States) has become the most abused drug in Thailand.
Cheers
Koykaeng

ahaaaa...
so yaba is the specific drug...
thanx for explanation...
what kind of effect does it have ?
similar to "extasy" ?

#8 pandolfo

pandolfo
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

ahaaaa...
so yaba is the specific drug...
thanx for explanation...
what kind of effect does it have ?
similar to "extasy" ?

Google for "Methamphetamine" for more details. I've yet to figure out why this is so popular here in Thailand. Xanax, a completely different type of drug, is popular with the LBs. I can understand that one.

BTW, Yaba is usually the drug the police are looking for when they do a sweep. This means providing a urine sample which is then tested on the spot. first time offenders now get a chance in a sort of rehab program. Not sure what happens to Farnags who test positive in a sweep, probably just a "fine" paid through informal channels?

#9 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

what is the effect of YABA and XANAX ?
why is xanax favourite among LBs ?
does it have something with taste for sex :D ?

#10 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:04 PM

Yaba make you awake, jumpy, paranoid, but extremelly horny...Xanax is muscle relexant, combined with small portion of alcohol make you feel relaxed...

#11 LJ

LJ
  • Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:12 PM

Yaba make you awake, jumpy, paranoid, but extremelly horny...Xanax is muscle relexant, combined with small portion of alcohol make you feel relaxed...

ahaaaa
thanx for explanations guys...
so yaba is more like cocain, right ?
what about xanax? does it feel like taking benzobromidum - i.e. stress/depression relaxants ?
r yaba & xanax very addictive ?
r they dangerous in terms of if they r clean, etc...

#12 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:32 PM

Both addictive, yaba is cheap, dirty drug that change your menthal condition after very short time of intensive use...Xanax usually used as sleeping aid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci