Upscale ladyboy friendly - Bangkok

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony_Mustang

Anthony_Mustang
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:01 AM

I was thinking of taking a ladyboy friend to Bangkok for a weekend and would like to book into a nice hotel. Howeve I know that some of the more upscale hotels aren't ladyboy friendly.

I was thinking of the Sofitel on Silom.

Has anyone had any problems with this hotel or any suggestions of another hotel about the same standard.

Thanks

#2 pandolfo

pandolfo
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:08 PM

I have no experience with this specific hotel, but in general I do not think you will have any problems. I have stayed at the Conrad and Shangri La with a LB and did not encounter any issues (eg. no asking for id, no extra charges, no questions, etc.). Of course foreigners have to show a passport as this information gets sent to the local police nightly.

Others have reported success at the JW Marriott, Sheraton, Westin, Landmark etc.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I heard about a problem?

When you make a reservation just make sure to indicate two people.

Some on-line forums have specific guest-friendly sub-forums or information. bangkoktonight is one example, so you could look through there to see if that hotel is mentioned. FWIW, there should be no distinction between a GG and LB when it comes to a specific property's guest policy.

#3 ladyboyh

ladyboyh
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:18 PM

I back pandolfo on this information, no problems if you are booked in double accupancy. Recent events even show sucess of bringing 3 LB's in one time to the one of the mentioned hotels(LBHUNTER RT).
-=Hunting High&Low=-

#4 lemarquisdesavoie

lemarquisdesavoie
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:29 PM

LADYBOYHUNTER RT

Does that mean you have retired from the hunt Rami ???

#5 lemarquisdesavoie

lemarquisdesavoie
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

BTW, agree re the double occupancy. Book for 2 when you reserve and it's no problem.

#6 ladyboyh

ladyboyh
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Ahahah, retired? Maybe in 10 years...RT means Round Table(meeting of board mambers), and I was reffering to that one, that took place in one of the mentioned upscale hotels: http://www.ladyboyhu...topic.php?t=611
-=Hunting High&Low=-

#7 Anthony_Mustang

Anthony_Mustang
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for your advice everyone :D

#8 DeeMak

DeeMak
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:33 PM

I have not seen it yet but does anyone know if the Majestic Grand is upscale or is it close to the Majestic Suites in quality?

#9 LB-69

LB-69
  • Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:08 AM

Grand is a 4-5 stars new hotel, very different from Suites.

#10 Kiss

Kiss
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:08 AM

Hello!
I was wondering, if somebody could tell me, if the Dynasty hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 4 is alright and if you can also bring two Ladyboys to your room. In the past I usually stayed at the Nana Hotel, but they are getting more and more anti-ladyboy. Now they have a new policy, where you are not allowed to bring two ladyboys to your room and that in the rotten Nana hotel! I asked the security and they said two ladies are alright, but only one ladyboy, not two.
I heard that the rooms in the Dynasty are smaller, than in the Nana, are they still ok? Is the hotel ladyboy friendly? I find that life for the ladyboys is getting harder and harder each year. Nowadays there are almost no freelancers at all in front of Nana Plaza, until 1 a.m., when they freelancers pretend to have finished work in a bar, but you don't see them before that time, also many clubs and hotels are getting more and more anti-ladyboy, which really pisses me off. Thanks for any answer and help on the Dynasty question!

#11 koykaeng

koykaeng
  • Members
  • 6,477 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:25 AM

Hi Kiss,

I used to stay at the Nana Hotel myself, but in recent years have switched to the Dynasty Inn. The standard rooms in the Dynasty are smaller than the Nana, but certainly quite adequate, and in my opinion much cleaner and not as run down as the Nana has become. They do have a superior or larger room available for around 1400 baht/night. Also, request a room in the new building.

I have never had any hassle with bringing LB's back to my room at the Dynasty Inn, and have returned with 2 LB's a number of times and still no drama. They do always ask to retain your LB's or ladies I.D card, but I believe this is a Wise practice particularly if you encounter any problems with your chosen LB's !

Cheers
Koykaeng

http://www.dynastyinn.com/

#12 mowee

mowee
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:47 AM

i think majestic suites is one of the best places to stay for nana plaza visitors. specially for people who are shy to walk a long distance to their hotel. it is not even a minute from nana plaza. i have stayed there a couple of times, never had any problem except for the lbs having to leave there ID at the reception. the staff are also very friendly.the rooms are quite large and have the best view in bangkok( you can have a look over nana).

www.majesticsuites.com

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci