Driver to Pattaya please.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Stuart H

Stuart H
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

No offense intended Recoil - it's just that when she said we're going on the bus I expected to be on one of the buses i'd seen with no windows in and packed to the seams. It was actually a very nice coach!

Also, because the fare was so reasonable, I hardly dared expect anything so comfortable. i'd use the coaches again any day - Im going to Soukothai in June by coach and even though it's a long haul, Im quite looking foreward to it.

Stuart H

#62 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

I am always amazed how these drivers can do this so cheap - lets face it, with gas at 30b litre and typical car doing 100km/10L how on earth are they making any money on a 300km round trip not even taking into account the tolls (approx; 200b round trip). I guess that explains why most vehicles are old wrecks.

Cheers
mardhi

#63 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

Good point Mardi , thats why I have not been too upset to pay higher than 1500 baht as I know its still very cheap compared with a trip like that at home .
It cost me the same 1500 baht (NZ$) to get a taxi home from my last trip . A drive of 20 to 30 minutes max.
Phil Lander by name Phillanderer by nature.
The World is my Oyster - Muwhahahahaha!!
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#64 Stuart H

Stuart H
  • Members
  • 37 posts

No offense intended Recoil - it's just that when she said we're going on the bus I expected to be on one of the buses i'd seen with no windows in and packed to the seams. It was actually a very nice coach!

Also, because the fare was so reasonable, I hardly dared expect anything so comfortable. i'd use the coaches again any day - Im going to Soukothai in June by coach and even though it's a long haul, Im quite looking foreward to it.

Stuart H

#65 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

I am always amazed how these drivers can do this so cheap - lets face it, with gas at 30b litre and typical car doing 100km/10L how on earth are they making any money on a 300km round trip not even taking into account the tolls (approx; 200b round trip). I guess that explains why most vehicles are old wrecks.

Cheers
mardhi

#66 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

Good point Mardi , thats why I have not been too upset to pay higher than 1500 baht as I know its still very cheap compared with a trip like that at home .
It cost me the same 1500 baht (NZ$) to get a taxi home from my last trip . A drive of 20 to 30 minutes max.
A Ladyboy is never early , neither is she ever late . She turns up precisely when she means to.

#67 Stuart H

Stuart H
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Stuart H

#68 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Cheers
mardhi

#69 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

#70 Stuart H

Stuart H
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Stuart H

#71 mardhi

mardhi
  • Members
  • 2,245 posts

Cheers
mardhi

#72 Phil Lander

Phil Lander
  • Members
  • 2,324 posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Smooci